Marriage to am american citizen

sodhi

Registered Users (C)
My cosuin sister has a visitors visa she intends to come here to US and get married to a citizen....What should she do..Have any laws changed since sept..How soon can she change her status , get EAD etc ...
Does she have to wait after entering USA to apply for change of status ...ANy ideas please give

Thanks but need more info

what if she does not enter with a K1 (Fiance ) visa...she enters and in a week gets a registered marriage..then is every thing smooth?also is there a restriction as to where the marriage should be registered???the guy is in houston but marraige is in CA can she get herself registered in CA or it has to be in Houston TX??
Thanks again

Is there any problem for me to re-enter US?

I have had a conditional card since 07/01, it will be good for two years. My husband and I separated few months ago, he did withdrawal the sponsorship from my case. But I haven\'t heard anything from INS. I\'d like to take a trip for China. My question is should I leave? Is there any problem for me to re-enter US?

True and can be VERY painful

The girl I know did just that and had to go through unbelievable headache! INS was on their case for 2 years, she got VERY close to deportation, they spent thousands of dollars on legal fees and all that because she didn\'t want to bother with a K visa. So I do recommend for her to get one.