Marriage this summer but immigration later??

AngieJ

Hello, I have a question about about possible complications to my fiance\'s status after we\'re married.

I am a US citizen, my fiance is German. We have been together for 4 years in Germany. This summer we\'d like to get married, but I may stay with my family for a while afterwards, while he returns to Germany to continue life, work, etc. I am here with my famliy now helping them renovate their "new" older home (they are almost 60 and could use the help).

If he came to visit me after our wedding, (before we even plan on any immigration) will he get into some kind of trouble? Will that look like some intent on immigration? I\'ve heard some horror stories about couples to airports and would like to know what the real deal is. should I even consult an immigration lawyer about this?

We were thinking of getting married in California or USVI. If things are too complicated we\'ll get married elsewhere, but that still leaves me with the visit question! Can somebody help?

Thanks,
AngieJ

bottom line is he needs to apply for Green Card (immigration).

You are the citizen and you will have no problems. Anyway check with immigration attorney about your plans of bringing him to the US. Many immigration attorneys are found in yellow pages.