Marriage related question

tiad

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I just got fingerprinted on the 30 th october. I am planning to go to india and might
be getting married what is the fastest way of including my wife on my 485 app. I
heard there is something called "follow to join" - any information in that also is greatly
appriciated.

Anybody else who did this.

Cheers!,
tiad

No Title

hope and pray that your case is not approved before you had a chance to add your wife to your 485 application. Once ur 485 is approved, getting ur wife is really a tough job. You cannot get H4 for her. The only thing she could get is an H1B or B1. Otherwise it will be at least 3 years before you can bring her over.

So my advice is get a legal marriage done ASAP and file her papers for 485

THis is my understanding. Consult your attorney..

vine

I think vine is very correct.

Hi tiad

I think vine is correct. You can always legally marry before Registrar of marriages ( Unless you are very sentimental about getting the marriage registered only after your religious marriage ceremony ) and use that marriage certificate and file your 485 ASAP. This helps a lot. I am surprised your lawyer didn\'t advise you on this fact. Since you have come up to FP stages, who knows what, your case could get approved any time literally. So don\'t panic; work fast on getting your marriage certificate and file your wife\'s 485 ASAP. Wish you the very best on both your marriage and GC.

Tamizhan

No Title

go to India NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 if your marriage DATE is before 485 APPROVAL DATE, you can add your wife to \'follow to join\' even after 485 approval
 getting married before 485 approval date is most important.
 after 485 approval date you need to wait till you become citizen to bring her in US, i think.
 confirm all of the above with an attorney

Do it now!

If your I-485 gets approved, yor wife has to file in Family based category instead of follow-to-join and the priority date for that category for india is about 3 years behind. Get married fast and apply for I-485 with your marriage cert for your wife.