Marriage License for Interview..Help!

classyivy1

Registered Users (C)
My husband's interview is tomorrow and I just noticed that the letter says to bring a certified copy of the marriage license. Did anyone just make a copy of their license or did you go into the clerk's office and get a copy? Please help!

You need to go into the clerk's office and get a certified copy.You can't just take a regular copy that you made your self.I don't know how the ny marriage license is,but here in GA,you cant tell the difference between the original and a copy from the courthouse...You could just take the original and let the officer know,and more than likely they will make a copy for themselves and give you back the original.Good luck with the interview!

Thanks pville. Since our interview is in the afternoon, I will head over there first thing tomorrow morning.

My husband's interview is tomorrow and I just noticed that the letter says to bring a certified copy of the marriage license. Did anyone just make a copy of their license or did you go into the clerk's office and get a copy? Please help!

You have to bring the original marriage certificate that was issued to you guys by the State of NY, if you guys got married in NY. I had a simple copy too, just in case, but was not asked for it.
Good luck tomorrow!

You have to bring the original marriage certificate that was issued to you guys by the State of NY, if you guys got married in NY. I had a simple copy too, just in case, but was not asked for it.
Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks chocolat. I feel a lot better now seeing that you just dealt with Garden City. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.

We submitted a photocopy of a county clerk certified copy and were never asked to show originals either. I'm sure it suffices if you bring the original and a photocopy of the original with you.

I took the original marriage certificates and normal copies. Thats what the us embassy asked me for. But maybe its different for you i dont know...