marriage in cp process?

tough_decision

Registered Users (C)
Scenario:
My CP process will prolly get started in march/april 2004, i.e. NSC sending the papers and stuff to NVC around that time. I think it will take 4-6 months after that for a interview at Chennai consulate, i.e. around oct/nov.

Questions:
1) When is the latest i can get married and still add my wife to the CP process?, can i get married a week before my interview? is there a final step by which time we need to notify the consulate?

2) Will getting married in a late stage of CP process raise any questions in CP interview of fradulent behavior?

Please comment!!

1) When is the latest i can get married and still add my wife to the CP process?, can i get married a week before my interview? is there a final step by which time we need to notify the consulate?
Answer: Refer point 2 on this link:
http://imminfo.com/Knowledgebase/Immigrants/MarriageDuringCP.html

2) Will getting married in a late stage of CP process raise any questions in CP interview of fradulent behavior?
AnsweR: This should not raise a red flag unless the marriage is fraudulent which i do not think is the case. A lot of folks do this so dont worry be happy!

Although marriage after interview is fine, I personally would recommend getting married before the interview and when you go for the interview inform the immigration consular officer about your marriage and request ds 230 form 1 & 2 from him/ her!