• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Marriage during AOS

montess

Registered Users (C)
Hello, folks.
I've been reading this board for months, but I couldn't find a good answer for my issues.

My fiancee was selected on the DV2009. She already got her NL and she decided to do AOS. She already got the letter saying that she's done with KCC now she needs to pay the USCIS fee.
She's German and her case number is 2009EU0001XXXX and she's currently with F1.

We were engaged before her NL and we would be marrying right now. I know that marrying during the process is not looked as fraud and stuff. However, I am Brazilian and I am "not eligible" for DV visa.

My question is: Should I keep my plans, marry and see if I am eligible as a spouse or should I just not risk it and let her do by herself. (And wait 5 years until I can get it?)

We both live in USA for few years. We've lived together for 2 years now.

Thanks a bunch!

Hello, folks.
I've been reading this board for months, but I couldn't find a good answer for my issues.

My fiancee was selected on the DV2009. She already got her NL and she decided to do AOS. She already got the letter saying that she's done with KCC now she needs to pay the USCIS fee.
She's German and her case number is 2009EU0001XXXX and she's currently with F1.

We were engaged before her NL and we would be marrying right now. I know that marrying during the process is not looked as fraud and stuff. However, I am Brazilian and I am "not eligible" for DV visa.

My question is: Should I keep my plans, marry and see if I am eligible as a spouse or should I just not risk it and let her do by herself. (And wait 5 years until I can get it?)

We both live in USA for few years. We've lived together for 2 years now.

Thanks a bunch!

well, u are not the one that won the lottery so i think the visa might be issued to ya if you guys do get married. I would advise that u make an Infopass appointment and ask them. Most lawyers know nothing about DV lottery and i wouldn't advise consulting one.

I've been talking to a lawyer to see his suggestions.
And thanks for the Infopass suggestion. I am booking an appointment right now.
Can I just go there with my fiancee and fire tons of questions?

My biggest fear is if she doesn't get it because of me (or our marriage)

I've been talking to a lawyer to see his suggestions.
And thanks for the Infopass suggestion. I am booking an appointment right now.
Can I just go there with my fiancee and fire tons of questions?

My biggest fear is if she doesn't get it because of me (or our marriage)
I was in similar situation, initially i chose AOS but then got married and even though I also got letter saying I have nothing to do with KCC anymore, I just changed to CP just few weeks ago after I realized my number is current. So your fiancee always have that CP option available. If your fiancee does keep the AOS option however, the procedure is once her status gets fully transferred here in US, you can go back to your country and do a follow-in interview, you can get that until after your fiancee's status is fully transferred to permanent resident. So if the case number is very low, then AOS is fine, otherwise do CP and both of you will have interview at the same time, and its never too late to switch to CP>

I was in similar situation, initially i chose AOS but then got married and even though I also got letter saying I have nothing to do with KCC anymore, I just changed to CP just few weeks ago after I realized my number is current. So your fiancee always have that CP option available. If your fiancee does keep the AOS option however, the procedure is once her status gets fully transferred here in US, you can go back to your country and do a follow-in interview, you can get that until after your fiancee's status is fully transferred to permanent resident. So if the case number is very low, then AOS is fine, otherwise do CP and both of you will have interview at the same time, and its never too late to switch to CP>

So you just got your interview levelheaded. It's a long wait, isn't it?

So you just got your interview levelheaded. It's a long wait, isn't it?
It is along wait, damn, checking visa bulletin each month and making my own predictions, analyzing the progress and what not...when i saw numbers were moving far quicker than last year, i realized there's a chance all numbers would be current for a month at least. :D

Lawyers still have no idea of what to do =(.

So, is this question a reason for an Infopass appointment?
I've been reading about it, but it doesn't say how important your issues has to be for the meeting.

Out wedding is supposed to be next week =)