Marriage deadline and greencard..Need info..please!!

amma2002

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I have a situation here.Please tell me if you have seen cases like this.

FYI. My H-1 6 yr limit will be over by Jan 1st week next year and IL labor applied in June this year(PD-6/16/2003) and NJ labor is pending since Nov 2001.Right now, all I have is an unstamped 5th year to 6th year H-1 approval and it is valid until Jan next year(which is the 6 yr limit)

I "Cannot" get married NOW due to sevaral personal and family reasons.When is the deadline to get married during the GC processing and include the spouse's name because some people say that it can be done anytime before the finger printing process during/after 485.And On the other hand, can the applicant include the spouse's name "after the 6 year H-1 visa limit is over and when he is on 140/485/EAD stage and without a 7th year H-1".How can I bring the girl from India after getting married in this case.When I asked my employer and the lawyer, both of them told me that wait until IL labor is completed and that way we can apply for concurrent 140/485 and the legal status should be fine that way because if we file for 7th year now and if the labor gets approved before January then the INS will stop the H-1 procesing.That's what they told me and they were not able to tell me how to deal this marriage issue.

Please advice my options.Can I get married next year and can bring the girl or just stay like a "forever" bachelor as the options of finding a soft natured/traditional girl in US are limited(almost Zero).To me the situation looks like I better join in Ramakrishna Mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks in advance,
SK

Friends,

I have a situation here.Please tell me if you have seen cases like this.

FYI. My H-1 6 yr limit will be over by Jan 1st week next year and IL labor applied in June this year (PD-6/16/2003)
and NJ labor is pending since Nov 2001.
----------- USE the NJ LC filing receipt for 7th year H1 extension; NJ labor has crossed more than 365 days
Right now, all I have is an unstamped 5th year to 6th year H-1 approval and it is valid until Jan next year(which is the 6 yr limit)
-------- file for 7th year extension before current I-94 expires
I "Cannot" get married NOW due to several personal and family reasons. When is the deadline to get married during the GC processing and include the spouse's name because some people say that it can be done anytime before the finger printing process during/after 485.
---------- It can be done any time before your I-485 approval, better your would be spouse enter on H4 visa (you should be on H1 status so that she can get H4 Visa stamped)

And On the other hand, can the applicant include the spouse's name "after the 6 year H-1 visa limit is over and when he is on 140/485/EAD stage and without a 7th year H-1"
-------- In this case it will take more time and her case will be processed at consulate, go for 7th year H1 extension
. How can I bring the girl from India after getting married in this case?
------------ Apply for 7th year H1 and work on H1 status, go and get married and bring her on H4 visa
When I asked my employer and the lawyer, both of them told me that wait until IL labor is completed and that way we can apply for concurrent 140/485 and the legal status should be fine that way because if we file for 7th year now and if the labor gets approved before January then the INS will stop the H-1 processing
----- That is wrong Info from lawyer if LC is approved the BCIS is NOT going to stop H1 approval for 7th year, if IL LC is approved then immediately file I-140, I-485 and once you get receipt of I-485, send the 7th year extension with I-485 receipt. The best option use NJ LC PD as base for 7th year extension if you feel that IL LC is going to take time and file 7th year H1 extension with premium processing
. That's what they told me and they were not able to tell me how to deal this marriage issue.
----- They are not interested in your marriage they are only concerned about CUT from your wages
Please advice my options. Can I get married next year and can bring the girl or just stay like a "forever" bachelor as the options of finding a soft natured/traditional girl in US are limited (almost Zero). To me the situation looks like I better join in Ramakrishna Mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----- Before GC or after GC Ramakrishna Mission is much better, better join Dr H Sudarshan in BR Hills (VGKK) he is doing great job and helping the tribes, one of my friend from Bombay made a documentary film on him and the work he is doing, I am going to be there, meet me if you decide

Buddies

I'm the process of getting my green ..you are better off getting the green and then get married. You can always bring your wife through F1 with community colleges. At least she won't be too bored at home!. That's my take, I'm too young to get married!!!! Got to party first!

Re: Buddies

If there is intent of immigration (as would be the case for the spouse), getting F1 is going to be quite difficult - I know it has been denied for a couple of people that I know, who tried to use this option.

Originally posted by rsritharan
I'm the process of getting my green ..you are better off getting the green and then get married. You can always bring your wife through F1 with community colleges. At least she won't be too bored at home!. That's my take, I'm too young to get married!!!! Got to party first!

Depends on luck!

I got a friend who married malaysian and she didn't have trouble getting the visa and I'm a malaysian too! I'm not sure about indian citizens. Folks in Malaysia are pretty liberal when it comes to ladies applying for F1 compared to studs!

Note : Maybe my friend got lucky!

Re: Depends on luck!

Indian consulates are quite negative in their outlook of anybody wanting to get a US visa, even for B1 - the usual rejection reasons for men are like "You will go and jump companies in US and will not come back (because of salary differential)", for the ladies it is usually ("Oh!, you will get married to someone in US").
Though the funny part is that if people are married, they usually get the visa's eventhough the entire family applies for the visa (and the entire family gets the visa!!!)

Well I dont blame them, 'coz many do misuse these categories, and Americans have every right to make sure people dont misuse their visa system - in the process the people who have real needs to be here are bereft of the oppurtunity.

Originally posted by rsritharan
I got a friend who married malaysian and she didn't have trouble getting the visa and I'm a malaysian too! I'm not sure about indian citizens. Folks in Malaysia are pretty liberal when it comes to ladies applying for F1 compared to studs!

Note : Maybe my friend got lucky!