Marriage Certificate Translation.

Ram_Frm_RIC

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My original marriage certificate was not issued in English. I came to know that I have to get my MC translated in English and get it notorized. One of my friend suggested me that I should do it in India rather than doing it in US. Does anybody here has gone thru this experience before?
I will be visiting Mumbai consulate in November for my CP. If I need to get it done in Mumbai then how many days do I need to reserve for this activity? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
RAM_frm_RIC.

Help ....

Where do I get my MC translated to English? How long does it take?
Thanks in advance,
Ram_frm_RIC

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure somebody in this forum had to get their documents translated to English. Could anybody please tell me where can I get my marriage certificate translated from Marathi to English?

You can traslate yourself and take original and translated copy to Notary in India ( who knows Marathi I am sure there will be plenty in Mumbai). He will Notarised it. It is not more than an hours job.

Gchope.

Does the same hold true for Birthcertificate and COLLEGE Degree certificate
not sure if they ask the degree cert
but i thought if i have to translate i will translate all of them and get it notarized in chennai at one shot is that ok ?
please respond your experiences
/S

I would recommend getting translation birth certificate and Matriculation ceritificate if it is not in English.
Gchope

GCHope,
Thanks a bunch. I am relaxed to know that it will not take more than an hour and is a very simple process.
Thanks,
ram_frm_RIC.

I am pretty sure somebody in this forum had to get their documents translated to English. Could anybody please tell me where can I get my marriage certificate translated from Marathi to English?

you can find on the net many sites that can translate this document and make it legal for uscis .