Marriage Certificate Question/Doubt

dineshgk

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

My Original Marriage Certificate is lost in the mail. I got a new one from the Consulate General Chicago.

Question/Doubt: Does US Consulate accept a marriage Certificate issued from an Indian Consulate General in US ?????

I have already mailed this question to the Mumbai Consulate and waiting for the Reply. I have had some feedback from few experts out here (Mr. Ranen), but I am still unclear about this Question. Any experts out there that might have a concrete answer for this ? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I think, marriage certificate for CP interview would mean a registered marriage certificate, and I am not aware how a consulate can register the marriage for you.

i had problem with marriage certificate, that there was a mistake in the lastname, my interview is on Jan 15, and I am going 10 days early to get all the certificates done including birth certificates.

My father-in-law, talked with marriage registrar and he said it would just take a day, two signatures i.e. me and my spouse and some money.

Hello Bsoni,

I got a reply from the consulate as follows:

"If possible, in addition to the following documents, please get a marriage affidavit executed by either of your parent or a close elder relative who attended your wedding. "

So I think I should be fine on this.

Take Care,

Hi Dhinesh,

Did they finally accept the certificate given by Indian consulate.
Actually I am also trying to do that to get H4 for my wife.

Christian wedding.

Does anyone know how i can get a marriage certificate for a christian wedding? The marriage registrar(in Chennai) says he handles ony Hindu weddings. He directed us to another person supposedly authorized to register christan weddings and he claims that i have to perform a simple wedding ceremony again in his church(for a small fee ofcourse) and will be able to give the certificate for the current date and not for the date of the original wedding. The problem is that i have specified the original date in the ds230.
Should i go through this trouble or should i just get an affidavit from our parents and include the certificate from the original church, photos & invitations?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!