Marriage Certificate - Original Missing

crazygc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have my cp in Mumbai on Feb 20th.
I realized that I donot have an Original Marriage Certificate - we just have certified copies.
So, can somebody please guide me as to what needs to be done?
If I need an affidavit - what should the affidavit say? does anybody have a format for this?
Please help...

Thanks

No Title

I also donot have the original, but I thought that certified copies do work fine. Am I not correct? Someone knowledeable, please help... please

Originals

Technically you need to have the original copy with you for consular officer to compare the copy you are giving to them and approve. In practice they rarely even look at the original. This does not mean that you should not have all the supporting docs in your possession.

1. Best option would be to get an original from the issuing authority - if it is possible to get another original copy made from the file number on the copy you have.
2. Get affidavits from both parents and wedding pictures and wedding invitation letter/card to support your marriage date

3 Hope that certified copy that you will furnish will not require the officer to compare it with the original

No Title

hardly takes a day in the local office to get the marriage certificate in india. better try that one and its always better to carry the marriage certificate.