marriage before K visa?

givemekvisa

I want to marry a girl in Bolivia. We've been together for a few years now, a couple years I passed in Bolivia, and another year or two we've been apart while I have been in the US. If I fly to Bolivia and marry her there, how long will it take to bring her to the US? What would that process be?

thanks for the help. i am sorry if this is a dumb question. i have read over some of the materials on this site to try and educate myself.

If you go over there and marry her, you will then be able to apply for a spousal Cr1 visa. This will make her a permanent resident as soon as she enters the us with the visa in hand......the length of time from application to getting the passport back with the visa (when she's able to enter the states) in it should be around 8-12 months.

apply for I130 and I129 concurrently. if you apply for CR1 only, it will take 2 years to be approved. with I 130 and I 129(K3 Visa), it's only 5 to 6 months.

apply for I130 and I129 concurrently. if you apply for CR1 only, it will take 2 years to be approved. with I 130 and I 129(K3 Visa), it's only 5 to 6 months.

You are wrong. CR1 and K3s are taking roughly the same amount of time. The added bonus with the CR1 is that it is overall cheaper and the wait for permanent residency (and the right to work in the US) is quicker.