Marriage before 485 approval. Please advise...

sonu99

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,
I have applied for I-485 to VSC in October - specific dates are :
RD - 10/25/2001
ND - 12/03/2001
EAD - Recd on 12/18/2001
Awaiting FP and AP.
Residing in NJ and applied from PA.
EB3 from India.
I am on a H1 now and am planning to get married but things seem to be moving very slowly on that front. I wanted to know if anybody has tried going ahead with their processing without getting married ? If so, is there any way of getting your wife to the US on any kind of visa if we get married after the 485 is approved ? Please help me. I dont want to get married just for the GC sake....Is there a way out for me ?

Sonu

marriage

please read earlier messages -
This is a very dangerous situation and if u get married after approval
u will be in deep deep deep shit

Same Boat

I am also in similar situation. Everybody that I talked to, are saying it is a risky situation. I haven\'t yet applied for 485 but just received my 140 approval.

Can somebody pls advise how to hold-up 485 card processing.

marriage and 485

hi,

i am also in same boat. If you are batchelor and havent yet applied for 485, then you can delay indefinitely till you get married and then file for 485 along with wife, unless until your PD doesnt go back. But if u have already applied 485, then we are screwed.
I applied 485 and RD is Oct 20th 2001 , ND is Nov 7th 2001 and i got EAD on Nov 25th. I didnt get my AP and so far i didnt get my FP notice too... I am getting married only after MAY 2002. I am just hoping this might get delayed for some time as so far i havent received anything...may be because of an address change that i did.
I am not sure whether that is right, but you could try chaning address which may delay and get u some more time for u to decide marriage.

Some one please let me know, that do you receive seperate Receipt notifications for 485 , EAD and AP. So far, i got only one receipt notice for EAD which is already approved.

thanks..,..

please reply....

If you get married before approval, you are ok - or else I think there is a K1 visa or something lik

If you get married before approval, you can apply 485 for your spouse also. If you get approval first, I think there is a K1 Visa provision. You have to wait for your citizenship. After you become citizen, you can sponsor your wife for GC. But after your GC approval, it could take 6 years for your spouse GC.

Dont worry.

I don’t think anyone should get married just because their GC is coming up. If you have already filed and you really want someone from India, you might want to get married. If not you can still marry someone on a H1 or F1 or a citizen. Don’t worry. You can always find someone in the US who is on a H1 or F1. It basically depends on what your priorities are. But if you dont want to take any chances, get married before july/august .. just to be safe.

Delaying 485

I don\'t want to wait to apply for 485 since my job is a big variable in this economy. So can I just apply for EAD and never send my FP. i.e Just hold it till I get married. Will this delaying process work. What do gurus suggest. My main aim is to apply for 485 and then get a temporary EAD( to be on safe side from job point) and hold-up the green card processing ( to be on safe side from wife point).

i am doing it now

I applied for 485 in july and got my FP Scheduled end of this month.
getting married next month.
maintaining H1 status.
my friends are also doing the same.
as long as you are approved and she can come here on H4 status and apply for adjustment before your approval,it should be ok as per lawyer.
please check with your lawyer.
I am not expecting the approval happen in immediate 4-6 months.

Suggestion pls

Hi,

Can somebody suggest how to delay 485 as marriage plans are moving very slowly.

I want cross the 6mths, so that can recieve temporary EAD but would like to postpone 485 approval indefinitely till marriage.

Pls advise....