Marriage and pending Approval

samgoody12

Registered Users (C)
My 485 case is filed in Sep'2002. I am still waiting from 2 Fp notice..in the meantime i am considering marriage to my fiancee who is currently in US. VSC is currenlty processing the August case and i am afraid VSC may approve my case before my marriage.

What are my best options to get my fiancee's case added to my pending case? Is there a chance that my case is approved without second FP?Does anyone has similar experience and can share the details. Thanks!

samgoody12 said:
My 485 case is filed in Sep'2002. I am still waiting from 2 Fp notice..in the meantime i am considering marriage to my fiancee who is currently in US. VSC is currenlty processing the August case and i am afraid VSC may approve my case before my marriage.

What are my best options to get my fiancee's case added to my pending case? Is there a chance that my case is approved without second FP?Does anyone has similar experience and can share the details. Thanks!

What is your fiancee's Visa status? All you need is marriage should be done before the approval date.

Tahnks for your reply...She is on H1b Status..How do i make sure the case is not approved before marriage. Can i count on pending 2nd FP?

samgoody12,

If you need to add her as SPOUSE in your I-485 process as dependent, You can very well do it before 485 gets approved.

All you may need to do is, get registered marriage in any states in USA and you should be fine to amend her as dependent.

The easiest possible way to get married here is in Las Vegas. You dont need to submit much documents except ur passport or driver's license and ofcourse it will be romantic.

:)
~Mad