Marriage and form filing process

mm1812

Hi Rajiv,

My fiancé and I are going to have our wedding end of this year. He is on H1B and his I-140 has been approved and been over 180 days. I’m a US citizen and have OCI. Hoping to see if you can guide on some questions we wanted to confirm on:

I understand that after marriage he would need to apply for Form I-485 concurrently with Form I-130.
  • Any other form that needs to be applied and when?
We are going to have our Wedding in India.
  • Are we able to just get the marriage certificate in India or do you suggest we get it in US after we come back?
  • If we do that in India as planned, do we need to also register our marriage in US?
Tickets - One of our friend suggested not to book his return ticket on same credit/debit card as mine.
  • Is this something we need to think about or no? Not sure why our friends’s suggested that.
  • Any need to disclose marriage when we get back? Or only if asked?
Are there any other things that we should keep in mind?

Thanks for your guidance!

Tickets - One of our friend suggested not to book his return ticket on same credit/debit card as mine.
  • Is this something we need to think about or no? Not sure why our friends’s suggested that.
  • Any need to disclose marriage when we get back? Or only if asked?
Why does your friend suggest this? If it’s because of immigrant intent, that’s not an issue with H1B which is a dual intent visa.

the rule of thumb with immigration is you don’t volunteer information, but you answer truthfully when asked.