kingomountains

I am new to this discussion group
Received my FP date (Apr 19th).
Not very familiar with the format people use to post here,
so I am going to post the dates as I think I understand them:
EB2
PD Aug\'99
RD for I-485 appl. Dec\'2000.

Do I still have the opportunity to get married and add my spouse to the GC process?
If not, I heard that you can take advantage of a 245(i) rule/loophole, whatever you may want to call it.
Anyone have any insight into that. Please advise.

Thank you

No Title

If you still have valid H1B status, then you can marry and have your Spouse come over to the US on H4. Then the spouse could apply for I-485 and have it attached to your application as long as your I-485 application is still pending approval. So marry ASAP:).

In case you do not have a valid H1-B status, then the problem would be of how to get the spouse into the US. Consult your attorney on how that may be done.

No Title

You certainly can. You should do that before you go for finger printing because once do your FP, you cannot control the approval process and once you are approved you cannot add your spouce to your existing i-485. The best would be to get married before FP and then immediately file for an ammended i-485. You can do your FP any time after that.

No Title

Will this process delay my I-485 processig .

Do you mean to say that before getting interview letter
I need to file I-485 for my spouse with my receipt of I-485.

Thanks,
NickI485

No Title

Hi, I am going to be in the similar situation, would you please let me know what you did since your FP was pending in April. Have you got married before FP?

thanks in advance.

No Title

Just was going thru this discussion. I am in the same situation!!
Can someone please let me know whether after filing I-485 if marriage takes place, can I add my spouse to my I-485 process. I didn\'t get my finger print till now. Please let me know the situation if the spouse is in H-1 too.

No Title

I applied my I485 in March 2001. Got EAD on Apr. My H1 has expired on June 2001. If I get married on Oct, how can I add my spouse name to I485. If yes, should that be done before FP. Should the spouse be present in US to add her name to 485. If yes, how to bring her to US without my H1.

Why should I do?

I got FP last week because I did not know that. What I should do? Can I still file I-485 for her? How much delay are we talking about?

Thanks.