• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

marriage after edv selection

pawanlamichhane

Registered Users (C)
hello friends,
My gf was selected for edv 2014.We then got married on 18th may 2013.now i am also processing for letter with her as her dependents.Will they refuse our marriage thinking as fake.But we have done marriage after 2 yrs affair not to take advantage of edv.we have marriage photos and marriage registration papaer too.our documents are all original just we are fear of marriage after edv selection.we live in nepal,south asia.n her case no is 2014AS00001xxx.

You're gonna be fine.

For more info just use the search. Enough people here have been in your situation to give you a wealth of information. Just do the search.

My friend, if you can't locate the search box, you're gonna be around for the long haul!

It's on top of the page in the middle.

Pawan ji,
To be on a safe side, It would have been better if your gf had pplied for herself only. now if you have already applied together there is no other way other than waiting for KCC response.
As i have heard that many peoples try to add a fake family members in dv application, they get rejected.

In your case, even if your marriage is genuine, they might create a problem.
hello friends,
My gf was selected for edv 2014.We then got married on 18th may 2013.now i am also processing for letter with her as her dependents.Will they refuse our marriage thinking as fake.But we have done marriage after 2 yrs affair not to take advantage of edv.we have marriage photos and marriage registration papaer too.our documents are all original just we are fear of marriage after edv selection.we live in nepal,south asia.n her case no is 2014AS00001xxx.

Sorry I don't agree there will be a problem at all. Take the marriage cert, photos of the marriage. Photos from the two years "affair" - with all of that you would be unlucky to have a problem and the gf applying for herself only (after the marriage) would have been REALLY bad idea! Since they were by that time married it would look highly suspicious later when trying to get papers for the husband - and they would have proof of the lie that was told...

Just be honest, be prepared, and all will be fine.

Sorry I don't agree there will be a problem at all. Take the marriage cert, photos of the marriage. Photos from the two years "affair" - with all of that you would be unlucky to have a problem and the gf applying for herself only (after the marriage) would have been REALLY bad idea! Since they were by that time married it would look highly suspicious later when trying to get papers for the husband - and they would have proof of the lie that was told...

Just be honest, be prepared, and all will be fine.

+1

That's why I'm saying use the search. People have shared their interview experiences, and details of all types of questions that they might ask. Do your homework, read a tone, and don't expect canned responses ready to swallow. You're going to be much better off in the end.

hello friends,

Pawanji, as britsimon mentioned, you should be honest and truthful with your case and I am sure you both will get visas. I had similar situation like yours and I came honestly and truthfully with my case and now we all have visas.

Just remember to include your marriage certificate when you send forms to K.C.C. and also remember that at the time of interview, just marriage registration certificate won't be sufficient evidence to convince them that you both are couples, so take your full marriage photo album and also photos of your past 2 yrs affairs too.

Hello friends,

Please help, my friend was unaware of his selection till 30 May, and now he want to fill the forms so we need more information regarding marriage after EDV registration his marriage was on 29th March, 2013 and it held in Country A where the wife lives but he works in Country B And now he came back to his work place. The issue is if he would like to go with her how he should fill the form? And if he decided to go first and let her follow him on later date how should he fill in the form? In both case does he has to fill DS 230 for wife?
Thanks.

Need help to fill DS-0230 and DSP 122 for married couples after EDV registration

Hello friends,

Please help, my friend was unaware of his selection till 30 May, and now he want to fill the forms so we need more information regarding marriage after EDV registration his marriage was on 29th March, 2013 and it held in Country A where the wife lives but he works in Country B And now he came back to his work place. The issue is if he would like to go with her how he should fill the form? And if he decided to go first and let her follow him on later date how should he fill in the form? In both case does he has to fill DS 230 for wife?
Thanks.

Hi Jimma, he fills the forms as if her registered as married i.e. he fills the form for his wife and he includes a copy of the marriage certificate, that is very important. He got married before the results came out and so makes his case easier, it's going to be hard for them to accuse him of marrying for GC, so he should relax and fill the forms.