Padmal

I am a U.S. citizen and am currently applying for green cards for my parents, who reside in India. The I-130 petitions for both of them have been approved.
Regarding the DS-260 form:
All the documents on my mom’s DS-260 have been accepted except for the marriage affidavit. My parents were married back in the 80s in a traditional ceremony, and unfortunately, they do not possess a formal marriage certificate. Instead, they obtained two marriage affidavits from their respective brothers. Surprisingly, these affidavits were rejected for my mom’s application.
However, the same marriage affidavit attached to my dad’s application has been accepted
Any information/suggestion on this scenario will be greatly appreciated

Hi Padmal - sorry that I don't have any answers for you...but a follow-up question. what did you submit for your dad's i-130 petition? The same marriage affidavits? Did you also submit any other secondary evidence for your parent-child relationship?

I am a U.S. citizen and am currently applying for green cards for my parents, who reside in India. The I-130 petitions for both of them have been approved.
Regarding the DS-260 form:
All the documents on my mom’s DS-260 have been accepted except for the marriage affidavit. My parents were married back in the 80s in a traditional ceremony, and unfortunately, they do not possess a formal marriage certificate. Instead, they obtained two marriage affidavits from their respective brothers. Surprisingly, these affidavits were rejected for my mom’s application.
However, the same marriage affidavit attached to my dad’s application has been accepted
Any information/suggestion on this scenario will be greatly appreciated
Hope you got it resolved. Would you be able to share templates of the affidavits - specifically for marriage and email to mshaik@gmail.com