marrage based greencard for H1B holder

hey sachin,
I got consfused with G-28 and with G 325 form. Well, my situation is I got my I-140 approved and filed my I-485 ( thru my Employer). Now I got married to US citizen, I want to apply AOS / for Conditional GC thru Family Based category/my wife.

After getting the required documents ready, should I filed at the nearest Local INS office ( in my case it is Chicago) in person or thru my relatives in chicago?

Thanks,
Aravind.

Aravind,

You can deliver your documents in person at your local INS district office in Chicago or you can send them via certified mail / fedex / express mail to the chicago office.

any thing you do.. make sure you have a mailing reciept which shows you sent the apps to the INS office on such and such date.

Hope this helps

Sachin

Hi Sachin

Another quick question for sachin :).

Can I check status of my case somehow? I got my EAD and fingerprint is also over in december. I think it is too early.

Thanks in advance.

Sonviraj.

Re: Hi Sachin

Hey Sonviraj,

the only way to check your application status is via the district office. There is no provision to check the case status online for district offices at this time. You can do so If you have an application pending with a service center.

Hang in there you are almost there :)

Take Care

Sachin

Re: Processing time for EAD

If you dont hear from them in the next month and a half I would suggest that you go to the local office and enquire about your status.

be patient it takes time

It takes around 90 days to get your EAD letter from date of filing in Hartford, CT. It took me around 4 months to get my EAD Letter.

Manjit

EAD letter

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I got a letter from INS that my EAD has been approved and they asked me to come on Mar 18 topick it.

Thanks

Hi Sachin

Sachin,

Do you have any idea how long it takes from EAD to AOS interview?

I got my EAD in december and I am waiting for my AOS interview letter. There should be some way through which we can find out status of our case. Isn't it?

I am planning for my vacation but cannot take any decision before this letter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

SonViraj,

that depends on every district office. Were you called for your FingerPrints yet? it generally takes any where from 2months to a year before they will call you for your AOS Interview.

You can go to your local district office and enquire on your status or have your congressman do it for you.

Let me know if you need any more info

-Sachin

Thanks sachin

Sachin,

My fingerprint is also done in december only. So fingerprint and EAD both is done.

I think I should go their and talk to them.

Thanks alot.

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi guys

I been following your situations and im in a similar boat. I came from Australia to the USA a year ago now on a visa waiver. I came originally just for a holiday and to meet some friends i had met online. Anyway in my time here i got married, to a woman i had known online for 2 years beforehand. Due to some family medical problems (mother in law had a major heart attack) we were needed to look after her for 4 months and i never got all my forms together till after that. Anyway i never came to the US with any forms i might have needed because i wasnt planning on getting married and it did take some time to get it all together. Well my visa was basically expired for 7 months before i sent my forms off to the Cleveland Office (I live near COlumbus Ohio but BCIS told me to send them all there).
Its been 4 weeks now since i sent them, any idea what i should expect or any advice you could give me?
As with some of you guys i didnt use a lawyer either, i didnt see the need as i could fill the forms out myself, my sponsor (my sister in-law who works for Social Security) helped me with any problems i had.
I did call BCIS just before my visa was expiring and the man said it was fine now that i was married, that there is a grace period to get all the paperwork together and i wasnt here illegally or anything. But how long that grace period is he never said.
Does anyone see some major problems with my situation?

Affidavit of acknowledgement of marital status

Guys,

I have a quick question about the affidavit of acknowledgement of marital status from 3 people.
Is there a format for this letter or affidavit?
None of you have mentioned it.
My interview is due in week or so.

TIA,
Coolglobal

Anyone from Philadelphia PA?

Guys,

Anyone filed their case in philadelphia district office?? I am still waiting for my AOS interview. I got my EAD and fingerprint is also done in december 2002. Almost 5 months and no response :-(

Thanks.

Sonviraj.

It takes time bud.. hang in there... If the District office is close to your house you can enquire on your status in person.

HTH

Hello,
I see you guys have experience in procedure getting a GC through spouse. My wife is a US Citizen, i would like to start the sponsorship process for me without hiring a expensive lawyer. Could anyone please explain me what forms i need to fill out and how long it's going to take to get a green card.
Any help is appreciated. I am H1-B status in USA.

You mean the I864 affidavit of support?
if your wife dosent meet the 125% income category you can use a co-sponser (that can be your friend or even your in-laws)

I will do some more research on this and get back to you...

Hi.

Yes Sachin I am talking about I864. When we filed I485 she was working full time but after that she moved and she had to finish her study also. She was getting enough salary when we filed I485. Now she is not working anywhere. Although we have sufficient amount in our joint bank account. Can INS ask about her job?

Regards,

Sonviraj.

Hi Sachin

Today I went to local INS office and asked them about my case status. In the notice receipt it says that they should call me for an interview before 30th september 2003 but when I asked this question, she told me that I will probably not get an information before december. :-(.

I am planning of going to India. Is "Advance payroll" is safe and good enough to travel outside US? do I have to stamp my H1 in india?I already have EAD with me.

Regards,

Sonviraj.