MARCH Visa Revalidation tracker

linuxrox

Registered Users (C)
Please post all re-validation posts for the guys/gals who sent their PPs to St.Louis in the month of March here, please!
The rest of the trackers have become too crowded!!!
Please post tracking info here!

Thanks

--Rox

Sent to St. Louis on 03/13/2003
Received in St. Louis on 03/14/2003
..... Cancelled my tickets that I have booked for 6th June. Waiting........................................................

BAD NEWS for MARCH filers !!

As of mid-April 2003, visa revalidation processing takes approximately 10-12 weeks.

Processing of revalidation applications submitted in March 2003 has been delayed due to a data entry software problem. The problem has been corrected and the Visa Office is working to data-enter and process these applications as quickly as possible. In the meantime, the Visa Office continues to process visa revalidation applications, so cases that were filed later will be processed while the March cases are data-entered. As March cases are data-entered, they will be processed.

The Visa Office adheres to a strict first-received, first processed policy for all visa revalidation applications. The Visa Office is unable to expedite visa re-issuance. If you anticipate urgent travel, please apply for your visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy abroad. If you submitted an application for visa revalidation and learn that you must travel urgently, please see How do I withdraw a pending revalidation application? below.

The Visa Office is unable to provide status reports on applications, including March cases.

http://travel.state.gov/revals.html

1. I have to send my passport for Visa Revalidation to St. Louis.
I have a concern
On the site
http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html it states:
“Please use your address as the “from” address on the airbill or the self-addressed envelope. Please ensure that you have written your courier company account number or that you have given the courier company a valid credit card number on the airbill”

Do you mean that on the return prepaid FedEx Envelope with my credit card # that I am going to send for return of my documents it should be:

My Name
My address

To. My Name
My address

I got confused because I think that the address on RETURN Envelope should be FROM: US Department of State/Visa (Box 2099)
1005 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101-1200

TO,
My address.
Please help what should I write.

2. One of my other friends is also confused, as he age is 47 years compleated according to DOB on Passport. Should he need to submit Form DS-157 along with DS-156?

The site: http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html says that: One Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-157, for all male applicants between the ages of 16 and 45, regardless of nationality, in addition to the DS-156.
Please help

March Revalidation

PP Sent Date to SL - March 6, 2003
RD Receive Date - March 7th 2003

Waiting..........

Last edited by a moderator:
June 3 update

Just called the DC Visa Office, and spoke with a very friendly Visa Officer after a 40 minute wait. They are currently processing DC receipt dates of April 10-11. I sent my application in on March 13, however it shows up with a DC receipt date of April 12. This one-month delay is probably a result of the data-entry corruption referred to on the State Dept website.

So, my info:

St Louis SD: 3/13/2003
St Louis RD: 3/14/2003
DC RD: 4/12/2003

Current processing date at visa office: 4/10/2003.

got visa

I sent out my document on March 13 and got my passport with visa on June 3.

Issue date May30.

Good luck!

Long

June 6 Update

Called the DC Visa Office and spoke to a friendly officer after 70 minutes of wait. They had to send the passport back to St Louis for some data entry.
The Officer said to wait another 2 to 3 weeks.

My Info:
St Louis SD: 3/6/03
St Louis RD: 3/7/03
DC RD: 3/27/03

Possible wait time: Another 2 to 3 weeks.

H1 & H4 revalidated

Everybody,

I sent passports on March 19 th for visa re-validation and got back them with H1 & H4 visa on June 3rd.

-Kva

Re: H1 & H4 revalidated

Originally posted by kva
Everybody,

I sent passports on March 19 th for visa re-validation and got back them with H1 & H4 visa on June 3rd.

-Kva

KVA
a couple of questions.
1. Did you include the mariage certificate for your spouse's H4? Do you know if it is a necessity ?

2. Was anything about your spouse mentioned in your employment letter by your employer,?

thanks

Re: Re: H1 & H4 revalidated

1. Did you include the mariage certificate for your spouse's H4? Do you know if it is a necessity ?
I did not send marriage certificate for my wife's H4 visa validation. H4 apporval notice should be good enough.

2. Was anything about your spouse mentioned in your employment letter by your employer,?
No, only my name was mentioned.

Kva

Thanks KVA.

My wife's I-539 is still under process. Effectively i just ended up sending everything for me and my wife's passport which had a valid H-4 stamping and I-94 till june 15.
I even forgot attaching a copy of the receipt notice of I-539.

Does anyone have any experience on such a case before?

SL SD: April 24
SL RD: April 25
Checks encashed: May 1

Re: Re: Re: H1 & H4 revalidated

Originally posted by kva
H4 apporval notice should be good enough.

Kva

What is H-4 approval notice? Is this the same as I-539 ??

thanks again!

Re: Re: Re: Re: H1 & H4 revalidated

1. What is H-4 approval notice? Is this the same as I-539 ??
Yes.

There may be some chance that they validate H4 visa based on H1. If not need to re-apply with H-4 approval notice.

GoodLuck.

Kva

St-L RD - 3/11/03
DC ??

Called 202-663-1225 this morning. All they could tell me was that my visas have not been issued yet. They apparently are still working on the late Feb early March applications.
Anybody knows how long does it take to get a passport back once the visa is issued?