March Bulletin Out ..

MY PD is Jan31 2002 - EB3 India.
Been waiting for the PDs to move forward 9 months for the past 5 yrs.

While the current bulleting has some forward movement, it also notes that in the coming months it may slow or even stop. Given the way the dates moved/or not in the past my best guess is that it will stop pretty soon.

Visa Bulletin said:
The cut-off date movement for March in several Employment categories has been greater than those experienced in recent months. Advancement of the cut-off dates at this time should prevent a situation later in the fiscal year where there are large amounts of numbers available but not enough time to use them. If the expected increase in CIS number use materializes, future cut-off date movements could slow or stop.
They have learned their lesson. They want to avoid a repeat of the July fiasco, which could happen again if they continued to hold back the dates so severely, resulting in too many unused visa numbers late in the fiscal year.

For most countries in ROW, its true. But South Korea and, England (and a few other countries) have been providing a large number of EB immigrants which has strained EB3 ROW. See attached file 'FY06AnnualReportTableVPart1-3.pdf'.

Yah, same here. But wow. I always felt that EB3 ROW was over regressed.

still don't get it...

Maybe, but not to the extent of keeping the date in 2002. It should have definitely been in mid-2003 or later.

They say EB3 is moved to 08/01/2001 and having all cleared with PD 05/07/2001 nothing happening... every time I call TSC the rep says no visa numbers for India... what to do......::confused:

MY PD is Jan31 2002 - EB3 India.
Been waiting for the PDs to move forward 9 months for the past 5 yrs.

While the current bulleting has some forward movement, it also notes that in the coming months it may slow or even stop. Given the way the dates moved/or not in the past my best guess is that it will stop pretty soon.

With the cut off date for EB3 India hovering around April 2001 for several years, many late 2001 along with 2002 filers have converted to EB2 - this will contribute to some forward movement in coming months (depending on how many visa are still available).

Although my PD is current in March Bulletin - I cannot express
any joy until actual approval.
Last year - mine became current in May and then in June everyone became
current and then back to retrogression. So, keeping my fingers
crossed without any high hopes for fear of the same let downs.
Got used to waiting so much that do not know nothing but waiting
when it comes to green card.
Will let you guys know if anything happens in March.
GLTA

Although my PD is current in March Bulletin - I cannot express
any joy until actual approval.
Last year - mine became current in May and then in June everyone became
current and then back to retrogression. So, keeping my fingers
crossed without any high hopes for fear of the same let downs.
Got used to waiting so much that do not know nothing but waiting
when it comes to green card.
Will let you guys know if anything happens in March.
GLTA
You've probably been stuck in name check. With your PD becoming current and the new rule to bypass the name check, you should have a good chance of getting approved in the next 1-3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the cut off date for EB3 India hovering around April 2001 for several years, many late 2001 along with 2002 filers have converted to EB2 - this will contribute to some forward movement in coming months (depending on how many visa are still available).

does someone have a good reason why this severe retrogession is there. it took almost 5-1/2 yrs for me to get GC & it looks like that may not improve for some time atleast. until early 2005 almost everything was current which was the trend for most employment based petitions for so many years. what has happened for it to get to this point. US has always been the numero uno choice for immigration since time immemorial so retrogession should always have been there.

does someone have a good reason why this severe retrogession is there. it took almost 5-1/2 yrs for me to get GC & it looks like that may not improve for some time atleast. until early 2005 almost everything was current which was the trend for most employment based petitions for so many years. what has happened for it to get to this point. US has always been the numero uno choice for immigration since time immemorial so retrogession should always have been there.
Millions of people have wanted to come here, but not that many employers were hiring foreigners until around 1998 and the dot-com boom. So family-based categories have been seriously retrogressed for a long time, but EB categories have mostly remained current or had nothing more than slight retrogression until recent years.

In 1998 and beyond, the employers increased their hiring of skilled foreigners and the US government more than doubled the H1B quota for a few years ... so the natural consequence of that was an eventual increase in employment-based green card applications. That was offset somewhat for a few years (I think 2001-2004) by recapturing unused green cards from prior years. Once the recaptured green card numbers ran out, serious retrogression kicked in. But they went overboard with it, leaving some 11,000 green cards unused for FY 2006, and then having to do a big jump-forward of the dates in June 2007 followed by the "all current" fiasco in summer 2007 to use up the remainder of the quota after having approved very few up until that point of the year.

Can't believe I'm current after a long long journey!!!

Can I go get my passport stamped? How long after the dats is current should one expect to get the gc?

Can I go get my passport stamped? How long after the dats is current should one expect to get the gc?
You need to get your case approved first before you start thinking about getting your passport stamped or receiving the card.

When did you file your I-485? Unless it's more than a year ago, don't expect to be approved soon (although you could get lucky and it might happen). If it's less than a year ago there will be many people in front of you.

Employment Based Visa Calculation:

Total --> 140,000 per Year
Country --> 7% --> 9,800
EB1 --> 28.6% --> 2802
EB2 --> 28.6% --> 2802
EB3 --> 28.6% --> 2802
EB4 --> 7.1% --> 695
EB5 --> 7.1% --> 695

Any un used EB1 will go to EB2, and any EB2 will go to EB3.

Do we came to a point where they used all EB3's for India???

Millions of people have wanted to come here, but not that many employers were hiring foreigners until around 1998 and the dot-com boom. So family-based categories have been seriously retrogressed for a long time, but EB categories have mostly remained current or had nothing more than slight retrogression until recent years.

In 1998 and beyond, the employers increased their hiring of skilled foreigners and the US government more than doubled the H1B quota for a few years ... so the natural consequence of that was an eventual increase in employment-based green card applications. That was offset somewhat for a few years (I think 2001-2004) by recapturing unused green cards from prior years. Once the recaptured green card numbers ran out, serious retrogression kicked in. But they went overboard with it, leaving some 11,000 green cards unused for FY 2006, and then having to do a big jump-forward of the dates in June 2007 followed by the "all current" fiasco in summer 2007 to use up the remainder of the quota after having approved very few up until that point of the year.

I would like to add that during 2003 and 2004 most GC applications were backlogged in the Labor Certification stage - so there weren't many I-485 applicants. That's the possible reason for PDs becoming current for all EB categories.

think of the ones are blocked by bc and are able to get the card, the date might even move back more