March 2011 Filers

hello all,
as you all know by now that i was approved yday. I do not think its my doing or any man's but God's doing. i will advise that you be comfortable and do not how any signs of nervousness as that usually raises flags to the IO. please see below for my experience:

My interview was scheduled for 11:30am but arrived at 10:55am, we proceeded to signing in and sat down around 11am. there were a lot of ppl so we thought we would probably wont be called in till about 2pm based on the number of ppl before us, but to our surprise, we were called in less than 5mins after been seated. Our IO messed up d pronunciation of my name and she apologized as we walked up to her.she said her 11am appointment has not showed up so she decided to call us in. She was really cool and friendly, she walked us into her office where we took our oath b4 being asked to take a seat. She proceeded confirm all the information on the I130 and I485 ( name, address, socials, DOB etc), then she asked the Yes and NO questions. she also looked at the our docs that were sent in, she asked for our IDs and took my I94. i was surprised she did not ask for my EAD card (should i be worried). She then proceeded to ask if we had pix and i showed her the few we brought, about 25-30 (mostly wedding pix and a few(4-5) that we took randomly. she commented on my good dress sense :D. The only question she asked that was not on the forms was to tell her how we met, and we asked who would she like to have answer that and she said it does not make a diff. we both gave her the story of how we met and then she said the MAGICAL word " I will APPROVE this application". she did not ask for anything else or any of those crazy questions ppl make you believe they would ask. then she told us about the conditional GC and how we would be back in 2yrs for this same kinda interview. i tried to have her stamp my passport as we plan on going to Canada at the end of the month, but she said the did away with the stamps. she said i should receive my GC in 6weeks ( but i know i will get it sooner). she walked us to the door and once again congratulated us.
I have not received my Card Production email but i know all is well.

i believe the application was approved b4 we got their based on the depth of our documents and also the fact that my wife n i were very comfortable and was laughing and cracking jokes with her about the pronunciation of my name and my son's name. I wish every1 who is yet to interview Good luck and i thank God that i was in and out under 10 minutes just like @fion... we walked out of the building at 11:09am when my interview was actually scheduled for 11:30. please let me know if you have any questions and i hope this helps every1 who is preparing for their interview.

hello all,
as you all know by now that i was approved yday. I do not think its my doing or any man's but God's doing. i will advise that you be comfortable and do not how any signs of nervousness as that usually raises flags to the IO. please see below for my experience:

My interview was scheduled for 11:30am but arrived at 10:55am, we proceeded to signing in and sat down around 11am. there were a lot of ppl so we thought we would probably wont be called in till about 2pm based on the number of ppl before us, but to our surprise, we were called in less than 5mins after been seated. Our IO messed up d pronunciation of my name and she apologized as we walked up to her.she said her 11am appointment has not showed up so she decided to call us in. She was really cool and friendly, she walked us into her office where we took our oath b4 being asked to take a seat. She proceeded confirm all the information on the I130 and I485 ( name, address, socials, DOB etc), then she asked the Yes and NO questions. she also looked at the our docs that were sent in, she asked for our IDs and took my I94. i was surprised she did not ask for my EAD card (should i be worried). She then proceeded to ask if we had pix and i showed her the few we brought, about 25-30 (mostly wedding pix and a few(4-5) that we took randomly. she commented on my good dress sense :D. The only question she asked that was not on the forms was to tell her how we met, and we asked who would she like to have answer that and she said it does not make a diff. we both gave her the story of how we met and then she said the MAGICAL word " I will APPROVE this application". she did not ask for anything else or any of those crazy questions ppl make you believe they would ask. then she told us about the conditional GC and how we would be back in 2yrs for this same kinda interview. i tried to have her stamp my passport as we plan on going to Canada at the end of the month, but she said the did away with the stamps. she said i should receive my GC in 6weeks ( but i know i will get it sooner). she walked us to the door and once again congratulated us.
I have not received my Card Production email but i know all is well.

i believe the application was approved b4 we got their based on the depth of our documents and also the fact that my wife n i were very comfortable and was laughing and cracking jokes with her about the pronunciation of my name and my son's name. I wish every1 who is yet to interview Good luck and i thank God that i was in and out under 10 minutes just like @fion... we walked out of the building at 11:09am when my interview was actually scheduled for 11:30. please let me know if you have any questions and i hope this helps every1 who is preparing for their interview.
Let us know when they update your case status to CPO. ty for sharing the experience

Thank you for telling us how your interview experience went. I went through the same experience back in 94 for my GC and I remember the IO was running real late. We were called in late but he was very nice and jovial. I dont recall him asking us as many questions either. Now I am a USC and going through the same thing again for my wife. Hopefully this time will be as smooth as the last time. Congrats on your GC as well.

My fellow march filers, I guess this thread is becoming relatively inactive or maybe the majority of the participants have completed the process. Anyways, my interview is in a week, I will post a description of what happens on this forum after the appointment. To all of you pending adjustment of status applicants. I wish you all the best, its been great learning from people's experiences from this and other similar forums. Thanks guys

Hi All,

It has been a while since I was here but so many things have been going on.
Anyway, Congratulations to all with their progress and GC approval.
My interview is scheduled on July 25 and I am little nervous but who isn't :)
Everything was going smooth so far with my case and was so happy but as they say happiness doesn't last forever.
I received my EAD card looong time ago. I went abroad and I entered US without any problems. Yesterday I decided to start putting all my papers together for an interview when I realized that my EAD card is missing :( I looked everywhere... and still nothing I have no idea what happened to it. Especially that I am very organized person ;(
And now my problems.
1)The Notification Letter says to bring EAD with you so I called USCIS saying that I will not be able to and they said that they will inform my office about my missing document.(It seemed not a big deal )
2 ) BIG PROBLEM :( I have a flight booked on August 16 to Europe) I don't have my EAD card and not sure about the status of GC since the interview is on Monday July 25.
And now what should I do? Should reapply for a EAD card? ( cost of $380) should I pray to get my GC approved and received by the time I am gone? Or is there other way
Any ideas? Experience? I will be very grateful for any help.

P.S The guy on the phone recommended reapplying but $380 seems so much after purchasing the ticket and saving up for soo long.
Plus not to sound tooo greedy but I think I paid them enough already :)

ASC Washington, DC
DO: Alexandria, VA
03/03 Applications I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 send to Chicago
03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed
03/17 NOA1 for all 4 forms
03/18 Status online for all 4 notifications initial review
03/25 Appointment notice for biometrics received in the mail (scheduled for 04/18)
04/07 Awesome walk in biometrics done. Alexandria, VA
04/27 email from USCIS about my EAD card production and Post-Decision for I-131 Travel Document
05/06 EAD card received in mail
06/16 Received email about scheduled interview for July 25

I would roll the dice and pray I get the green card by then. Plus I agree, they already got enough money.

My $0.02

So I had my green card interview today with a witch! She eventually took my I-94 and told me to wait for the decision in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Interview was today at 11:00AM in Atlanta. We were approved, I will post a detailed explanation of what happened soon. Goodluck everyone

So here it goes, we (My Wife USC and I) arrived at 10:15AM for an 11:00AM Appointment. We got our ticket number and were asked to go to the second floor. There was a size-able crowd say about 35 people and we waited for our turn. An older African american lady (she told me her name but i don't remember it now) called us, to the back. Once we were in her office she asked us to raise our right hands and she swore us in. She asked us how we met and my wife told her our story (which everyone has a cute story how they met). Then she asked if we have kids and we said yes and I handed her an album I had. She got so carried away with our two kids that other than the typical no questions on the application she did not ask us for another piece of evidence ( Now I say that we had a lot of our documentation with the original filing). That's it she said I will approve your 10 year green card. At that point I had a sigh of relief. That is it glory be to God

@ATL-I485,
Congrats...........glad to hear that...seems like March Fliers have been going great with getting their GCs approved.

congratulation guys..who recieved their greeencard and ead ..n good lck for rest of em...
today i had my interview and was approved there...status is already on card production...imfonna write the detail later on..:)

Hi all,

I had my interview yesterday and I want to share my experience.
By the way about the post i put earlier about my lost EAD card i found it in a place that i firstly kept. Weird since i searched this place several of times.( Luckily I didn't follow the suggestion to apply for a new card)
Anyway, about the interview. we had appointment scheduled at 10:15. we arrived at 9:50. The line outside of the Immigration was very long so keep this in mind if your interview is scheduled in Fairfax, VA. We finally got to our wait room at 10:10. We waited for an hour before we were called. We entered the room we had to raise our hands and swear to tell the truth. She started to revise our information on our I-131 and I485 application. She asked how we met and then we talked about movies and our neighborhood where she use to live :) We showed her some pictures and she really enjoyed our trip to Europe. Then she asked to show our joint assets so I gave her copies of joint bank account, tax return and health insurance under my husband's employer. Everything seemed to go well and then she asked for a proof of our marriage so I gave her a copy of our Marriage certificate she said that it is more a souvenir and we should have brought marriage registration.( F**** ). Then she asked to show a letter from a current employer and a pay subs for the last 2 months. Then I said that I submitted it already and I was sure I don't have to bring them anymore. She said that since it's been more than 2 months since we applied we should have brought it. (F****) This is my fault though, I didn't read the appointment notice where it said : "A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (Form I-864) with all required evidence, including the following, for each of your sponsor (unless already submitted)" I read unless already submitted and I just avoid it. So guys beware of that.
I felt so stupid!!! The lady said that we will be receiving a letter soon to submit missing documentation through mail. My husband asked If we will have to come back for another interview and she said she is not sure, for now we have to wait for a mail with request for missing documentation. So I guess I am under request for initial evidence. I will keep you post it. I am so angry mostly at myself :(
Congrats to all who had their GC approved.
I will keep you posted about my progress.
Good luck everybody

ASC Washington, DC
DO: Alexandria, VA
03/03 Applications I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 send to Chicago
03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed
03/17 NOA1 for all 4 forms
03/18 Status online for all 4 notifications initial review
03/25 Appointment notice for biometrics received in the mail (scheduled for 04/18)
04/07 Awesome walk in biometrics done. Alexandria, VA
04/27 email from USCIS about my EAD card production and Post-Decision for I-131 Travel Document
05/06 EAD card received in mail
06/16 Appointment scheduled for July 25