March 2011 Filers

We had our interview yesterday. It went very well, nothing serious. He went through the questions on the I-130 application, asked to see our original birth certificates, and the original of the Naturalization certificate. After that he said "I will approve your application. You should get the Green Card in the mail in about 30 days."

I checked the online status and it says "Card/Document in Production".

21 March 2011 - Package Sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
22 March 2011 - Delivered. Signed for by S.BUSH
25 March 2011 - 3 Emails received for (I-130, I-485, I-765)
28 March 2011 - Checks cashed
31 March 2011 - NOA received
04 April 2011 - I-131 Sent
05 April 2011 - I-131 received at Chicago LockBox
11 April 2011 - FP Apt received. Apt May 4th 2011
12 April 2011 - FP Done
20 April 2011 - I-131 Approved
25 April 2011 - I-131 in hand
19 May 2011 - I-485 Online Status change. Interview Scheduled June 16th 2011.
24 May 2011 - I-765 EAD Card in Production
2 Jun 2011 - EAD in hand
16 Jun 2011 - Green Card Approved.

ASC - Lubbock TX
DO - El Paso, TX

Last edited by a moderator:
This is become a more than just a little ridiculous!

Day 19 we receive a request for evidence. On Day 28 we receive confirmation that Request for evidence was received. Up to this point we had recieved all communication in the mail with no problem at all. On Day 58 we receive an e-mail that a letter regarding approved AP was sent on day 55. Day 64 I contact them about not having received biometrics yet and they file a service request. On day 85 I file a service request regarding not receiving the AP letter that was mailed 30 days earlier. They verify they have the correct address. On day 93 I receive a response to my service request regarding the biometrics, in the response they say they did in fact send the appointment letter to us but they are including a copy with this letter. The biometrics appointment is 13 days later. Still waiting on the AP letter or a response to the service request letter, I can not do anything until another 30 days. We have booked an infopass for Tuesday to verify our address at the recommendation of the service request call. This is just becoming frustrating!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats @heavymen
We had our interview yesterday. It went very well, nothing serious. He went through the questions on the I-130 application, asked to see our original birth certificates, and the original of the Naturalization certificate. After that he said "I will approve your application. You should get the Green Card in the mail in about 30 days."

12 April 2011 - FP Done
2 Jun 2011 - EAD in hand

ASC - Lubbock TX
DO - El Paso, TX

12 April 2011 - FP Done
2 Jun 2011 - EAD in hand

ASC - Lubbock TX
DO - El Paso, TX

Congrats........

CONGRATS HEAVY!!!!!
ANother update:
We got our travel documents on June 10th, 2 days after approval email was sent They came in paper form with hubby's photo on them. They gave us 2 and both are valid for multiple entries until 6/7/2012.

SO do we get Work Authorization before they send us the interview letter or does it not matter?

@maraL congrats.
I got my EAD card along with advance parole on the same card.
CONGRATS HEAVY!!!!!
ANother update:
We got our travel documents on June 10th, 2 days after approval email was sent They came in paper form with hubby's photo on them. They gave us 2 and both are valid for multiple entries until 6/7/2012.

SO do we get Work Authorization before they send us the interview letter or does it not matter?

just for all my i 130 is approved and case transferred to NVC what do we do next can any one help us.

thanks

Hello all, interview on June 13th went just fine, application was approved, received my card on June 20th, 94 days from date application was delivered to USCIS. BIG sigh of relief!

So my wife and I went in for our infopass meeting today and the agent was VERY helpful. I was a bit concerned based on some of the things we had heard, but she was great. We told her briefly what was going on with the AP and that we needed to check the address and she did that. She looked in the system and verified that the AP had been approved, but contrary to the e-mail we received she said that nothing had been mailed and she called the NSC to check on it. They informed her that the hold up was because the AP and EAD are done together and we need the biometrics done to complete the EAD. I explained the problem that we had with the biometrics and she looked over the letter and told us to go over today. She wrote on the letter that we should do it today and then sent an e-mail to the agent at the ASC letting him know she was sending us over. As soon as we walked into the ASC he looked at my wife and verified her name (without seeing anything) and then got someone right on it. We were out of the ASC in less than 10 minutes! On the way home we received notification that the EAD had been sent into production. No such notification on the AP, but based on what we have been told I am assuming it is in production with the EAD.

This is become a more than just a little ridiculous!

Day 19 we receive a request for evidence. On Day 28 we receive confirmation that Request for evidence was received. Up to this point we had recieved all communication in the mail with no problem at all. On Day 58 we receive an e-mail that a letter regarding approved AP was sent on day 55. Day 64 I contact them about not having received biometrics yet and they file a service request. On day 85 I file a service request regarding not receiving the AP letter that was mailed 30 days earlier. They verify they have the correct address. On day 93 I receive a response to my service request regarding the biometrics, in the response they say they did in fact send the appointment letter to us but they are including a copy with this letter. The biometrics appointment is 13 days later. Still waiting on the AP letter or a response to the service request letter, I can not do anything until another 30 days. We have booked an infopass for Tuesday to verify our address at the recommendation of the service request call. This is just becoming frustrating!

So far I guess for everyone who's filing I-130 with I-485 (AOS) will have faster progress than who files I-130 through GC.
Just like me, there is still no response.
However, I know there is one member here filed I-130 (GC) for his parents and received approval ten days ago.
His first NOA letter was 2/24/11.
Just hope my case will be fast as him.

Update.
got texts and email this morning about testing and interview. interview date is july 26.

Congratulations Andy :)

I just posted an update on the Feb filers of my case...nothing major to read anyway, still awaiting a decision.

Will keep you posted as soon as I hear something...

All the best with your preparation buddy!

Congratulations Andy :)

I just posted an update on the Feb filers of my case...nothing major to read anyway, still awaiting a decision.

Will keep you posted as soon as I hear something...

All the best with your preparation buddy!

thanks Noella. just wait a bit..everything gonna b fine. did u carry all those photocopies of originals for interview?

Hi all,

My I-130 for my father has been approved.
I just received NOA letter today. Notice Date was 6/20/2011.
However, no sms or email updates. Case status still shows Initiate Review.

thanks Noella. just wait a bit..everything gonna b fine. did u carry all those photocopies of originals for interview?

Hey Andy,

I carried originals & copies in two separate files.

Idea is to show as many documents as you can with both your names on em and the same house address, the IO wants to see and feel that you live together and are a legitimate married couple, that's all...ur body language and talks should be enough :)

All the best pal!

So here goes my EAD situation. As you can probably tell from my signature my interview is 4 weeks away and i still haven't received my EAD. so on 05/17/2011 I received an email from CRIS stating that my EAD application was approved and card production was ordered. Three days later I received a second email from CRIS stating the same information as the 17th email just a different date, and finally on 05/23/2011 EAD status was updated to post decision activity stating that an approval notice was sent to me. I waited for 3 weeks and did not receive anything and at that point I decided to call USCIS, long story short they make a case inquiry on 06/22/2011 and below is a snippet of the response.

"On 5/23/11, we created an Employment Authorization Document for you and mailed it to the address we had on file at that time. You have notified us that you have not received it and the post office has not returned it to us. We must conclude that it has been lost in the mail. Therefore, you will need to file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization to replace that lost document. You can download this form on our website www.uscis.gov. You can also file this form electronically on our website. Please follow the instructions on the form. In the future, if you change your address please contact customer service at the number provided below."

The fact was i had not changed my address so I called them again (Now USCIS own website states that USCIS has tracking numbers for all cards they mail to customers) I asked to get my postal service tracking number and now the USCIS agent said that he had to transfer me to a different agent to help me with this. When I mentioned that I needed my tracking number all of a sudden they found my card had been returned, they said that this is a postal service mistake and they would re mail the card to me.

I give this narrative to encourage anyone having a problem to call USCIS again and again and again. Eventually, you will find an agent that is willing to help you out. However from my experience be civil with this people and stay calm no matter how bad the situation is

So here goes my EAD situation. As you can probably tell from my signature my interview is 4 weeks away and i still haven't received my EAD. so on 05/17/2011 I received an email from CRIS stating that my EAD application was approved and card production was ordered. Three days later I received a second email from CRIS stating the same information as the 17th email just a different date, and finally on 05/23/2011 EAD status was updated to post decision activity stating that an approval notice was sent to me. I waited for 3 weeks and did not receive anything and at that point I decided to call USCIS, long story short they make a case inquiry on 06/22/2011 and below is a snippet of the response.

"On 5/23/11, we created an Employment Authorization Document for you and mailed it to the address we had on file at that time. You have notified us that you have not received it and the post office has not returned it to us. We must conclude that it has been lost in the mail. Therefore, you will need to file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization to replace that lost document. You can download this form on our website www.uscis.gov. You can also file this form electronically on our website. Please follow the instructions on the form. In the future, if you change your address please contact customer service at the number provided below."

The fact was i had not changed my address so I called them again (Now USCIS own website states that USCIS has tracking numbers for all cards they mail to customers) I asked to get my postal service tracking number and now the USCIS agent said that he had to transfer me to a different agent to help me with this. When I mentioned that I needed my tracking number all of a sudden they found my card had been returned, they said that this is a postal service mistake and they would re mail the card to me.

I give this narrative to encourage anyone having a problem to call USCIS again and again and again. Eventually, you will find an agent that is willing to help you out. However from my experience be civil with this people and stay calm no matter how bad the situation is

AFAIK from having multiple EAD cards in the past, the mailing that it comes with is just regular USPS so there isn't a tracking number associated with it. It may have been that their "system" was updated to reflect the returned EAD just before you made the second call.