March 2011 Filers

Had my interview yesterday. Everything went fine and in nice atmosphere. IO was really nice, looked at our Disneyworld pics, chicago proposal, took extra docs (life insurance, joint medical insurance, joint car insurance, joint car title) and my i94. We went over the info on i-130, biographical forms and i-485. She said i'll get the decision in 30-60 days. When I got home (around noon) i checked my case status... nothing changed...checked my status again around 6pm... and BAMMMM... CPO on June 7th. All in all nice experience. Real couples (like me and my wife) have nothing to worry about...just be natural :)

from my personal experience.... if you just file i-485 and i-130... your case will go super fast

3/21/11 AOS sent in Chicago I-485, I-130
3/23/11 AOS Received and got a text msg...all checks cashed
4/02/11 Bio letter
4/19/11 Bio done
5/2/11 IL for 6/7/11
6/7/11 Interview
6/7/11 CPO

btw... i did AOS in Denver

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I got a letter saying my hubby's travel document was approved--he didn't even have his biometrics done yet!!! Is this standard?

WooHOOOOOOOO:)

I agree that this procedure changed since the website started saying that it was hacked or something. Anyways the new procedure is stated below
1. On the top of the main page click on notifications
2. Then Click on inbox (once the page opens look at the left side panel one of the links should say edit signature)
3. Click on edit signature
4. Change it and then save it
5. You are all set
i cant seem to update my signature,could someone help please..............

Got my Welcome notice yesterday and my wife's approval I-130 receipt.... in next 1-2 days GC probably... life is good :)

P.S. Has anyone received invoice for I-864 or I-846EZ from DOS?
I'm just curious since I haven't received anything yet.

From USCIS page:
Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad. For more information, please see the Department of State, Affidavit of Support Review Fee, in the Related Links of this page.

From DOS page:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3178.html

Last edited by a moderator:
However, there have been some reports that people got the DD scheduled message, and still never got their DD, but how accurate those reports were is unknown.