March 2002... I-140 pending....am i the only one waiting ?

High5

Registered Users (C)
Hi

It has been a really long wait for me and I'm still waiting for I-140 approval. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of applications:
-----------------------------

EB3 Labor Substitution

I-140
----------
RD: March 28, 2002
ND: March 29, 2002
No approval / denial / RFE yet

Concurrent filing:
I-485
----------
RD: August 28, 2002
ND: September 18, 2002

EAD
----------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I the only one in this boat :( I will appreciate if this forum could share with me their experiences sailing this boat.

I have already called INS / BCIS several times but all the time I get the same information, "currently it is pending". No other response or update as to what's going on :(

High5,
Till so far, the earliest cases i have heard are in june 2002. Some of them got approved very recently. It is very unlikely that even your EAD is not approved.

Try contacting the lawyer and see if can follow up on this..

Contact to your lawyer

High5

since it has been more than 1 year ( actually 1 1/2 year) you can ask your lawyer to contact the BCIS and then you should get something in the mail within month or two.( if not approval atleast an explanation)..

There are ppl who did this and there was some movement in their application process.

or you yourslef can call BCIS and ask for Servce representative and ask them specifically why is that there is no action on your application since you have passed more than 360 days..

good luck

hmd

Make sure VSC has your application

High5,

Its very sad to see you are not approved yet. Not even EAD!!!. That sucks on all fronts. Do sure VSC has not messed up ypur application. Is it available to check on-line. I am wondering they might have slipped it to bottom of the pile some where.

Talk to your lawyer and draft a letter and send it out to VSC.

All the EB3 are moving.... why not you:eek:

Hope to see your approval soon
- Sanga.

High5, here is a suggestion

**I got this information from an attorney, please apply your mind before taking my suggestion**

If your case is pending for a time, longer than the national Average processing time, you can contact your attorney and ask her/him to contact VSC directly with the help of AILA and VSC will search your file and work on it right away.

But, this is a cumbersome process and it seems it is hard to convince the AILA and then VSC....

Thanks all for your suggestions....

Thanks to all for taking time and responding to this thread. My lawyer has talked to BCIS but he is getting the same response. letters have been sent by lawyer as well but no reply yet.

When I recently called BCIS they had my application on file, so it is atleast not lost.

I will really appreciate if somebody could add a snipet of how their letter looks like and how much time did it take for BCIS to get moving on their application after the letter.

Re: Thanks all for your suggestions....

Originally posted by High5
Thanks to all for taking time and responding to this thread. My lawyer has talked to BCIS but he is getting the same response. letters have been sent by lawyer as well but no reply yet.

When I recently called BCIS they had my application on file, so it is atleast not lost.

I will really appreciate if somebody could add a snipet of how their letter looks like and how much time did it take for BCIS to get moving on their application after the letter.

Hi High5,
i wonder if this has anything to do with special registration for some individuals from some countries following 9/11?
mzgh.

Something weird

Hi

It is something weird going on but considering my case it is just in time for your case to be taken up. Mine is EB1-OR category and I got an REF on Sep 05 2003 (ND for I-140 is Marc 02 2002).
As you are not in EB1 category it is still puzzling why your case is not taken up. No news about your EAD is its height.
My case was approached by going through Attorney Liasion petition. Hope you tried this.

Do you badly need EAD? Given the circumstances it is better to have an EAD in case if there is any lay off worries.
I had to use this EAD from this month onwards as I got laid off but EAD will help me through now.

Hope you will get your EAD soon.

Best of luck

Sekar

It's really sad that you didn't get approve till now but see how many people are in your support and everyone wants you to be approved.

The day you get approved please post it so that we all can give you High 5s. It would be boring to have EAD for rest of your life and getting it renewed every year.

Hi High5,

You are not alone... I am with you

filed I-140 EB2 May 5th 2002.

I-485 RD Sept 24th 2002.

Still waiting.....................

Let me know if you get any news.. i think we are very close now.

Originally posted by High5
Hi

It has been a really long wait for me and I'm still waiting for I-140 approval. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of applications:
-----------------------------

EB3 Labor Substitution

I-140
----------
RD: March 28, 2002
ND: March 29, 2002

Concurrent filing:
I-485
----------

EAD
----------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I the only one in this boat :( I will appreciate if this forum could share with me their experiences sailing this boat.

I have already called INS / BCIS several times but all the time I get the same information, "currently it is pending". No other response or update as to what's going on :(
:confused: :confused:

Just an update. My friend who was March 2002 filer did not get his approval for long tome. His attorney contacted VSC in March of 2003.

Then he came to know that his file was with enquiry section rather then with I-140 section. (I do not know exact wordings for each dept.). Then caseworker told the attorney that he would get the file from enquiry section. His application got approved within 10 days.
Then he came know that his in laws were calling VSC to enquire about his I-140 status in May/June 2002. So the file was missing since then.

He told me this story last week.

Thanks a lot.......

I'm really happy to see this forum's support.... All your responses have really helped me..... I'm really thankful to all and look forward to more responses... Please keep posting to this thread in case you find any more information on case similar to mine.

One favor to ask... If somebody could guide me on how to get support for "Attorney Liasion" petition or how is it done.

KSekar, please if you could take some time on providing more info on Attorney Liasion petition.

mzgh, I'm from India and I believe it does not require special registration.

NYenigma, atleast now I know that you are with me in the boat. I would keep you posted if I hear anything back. Also please share with this forum if you get your approvals. I wish that you receive your approvals soon.

Thanks again a bunch to all, for your responses.

Attorney Liasion

Hi High5

Actually I don't know the details of this Attorney Liasion. But I know the content. In my case our company attorney wrote a petition to BCIS regarding my case stating that my case is pending more than 12 months (this was in March 2003).
Once they receive it they will put this request in a committee and allot an officer to my case. Once this is done my attorney has got the previlege to speak with him personally from time to time.
Somehow in the first meeting my case was not taken up and again my attorney has to remind or re-file the request .
Second time it was considered and an officer was allotted.

To be frank, I am not sure whether my case was initiated based on the Liasion petition or it came along with the normal backlog.
But this will definitely help you to know whether your application is with them or misplaced.

Hope this helps you a little.

Best of luck
Sekar

kSekar

How did your attorney come to know that there was person assigned to work on your application. Did your attorney receive a letter back from BCIS.

Thanks so much for ur response.

Edison thanks to u too.