March 140 Approvals track here..

brb, give a try taking to NVC operator..

It all depends on how co-operative NVC operator is, my experience and others expereince is they are really co-operative. Try to give complete details of your company name, attorney name, service center where your 140 processed and your full name, I hope with this details they can find your receipt number.
Basically operator will first confirm whether your approval is for consulate processing or not, then he will ask your 140 receipt number.To give status of your case. Best of luck.
Actually your attorney has to send copy of approval notice in that you can find the receipt number and also you need original 140 approval notice to attend interview, I have read some cases consulate demanded for 140 approval notice, so try to get your 140 approval notice from attorney(atleast copy, original is prefered). In my case my attorney sent original to me.

thanks WhiteRose

Well, she will eventually give me, but after she files for CP with consulate. I think that his her way of making sure that the client does not file directly with consulate without paying her last installment! I will ring next week and see if I get a friendly NVC operator who will let me know if they have received my AD from NSC. No harm in trying. I am fairly confident that it will reach there next week. The thing is I don\'t want to go for interview till mid July so I will not send Packet 3 to Sydney till mid May or so. Sydney consulate is very efficient. If one applies before 10 of the month they give interview for the following 19th of the month. So mailing packet 3 around Mid-way will be just fine for me!

No Title

Thank you.My consulate is Chennai and my I140 was processed by TSC.
My case is EB2,RIR.
Thank you,
Pujpran

Hydi.............you are doing very good service.......thank you

Hydi,even my I140 got approved on 03/11/2002. My cases is EB2,TSC
How did you find out about your case receipt at NVC. Did they post the info on AVM or we need to give a call and find out........
Thanks once again.
Pujpran

Thanks rose and pujpran ...

Pujpran, I spoke an officer. She was really nice and very helpful. No it didn\'t update in AVM yet. It seems AVM won\'t be updated until case number is created.

thx
hydi.

Thanks rose and pujpran ...

Pujpran, I spoke to an officer. She was really nice and very helpful. No it didn\'t update in AVM yet. It seems AVM won\'t be updated until case number is created.

thx
hydi.

No Title

Trying to summarize the tracker with the pre html tags :

----------------------------------------------------------------
name-- S.C. 140AD cat. PCC NVC Rcvd.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
localMadras--d/k-- 02/26-- EB2--Houston
watchTSC TSC 02/27 EB2 3/22
White Rose NSC 03/04 EB3 03/04(houston) 03/25
ppm TSC 03/05 EB2
defjam TSC 03/09 D/K
gcOgc 03/11 Eb2R 03/19(houston)
pujpran 03/11
hydi TSC 03/11 EB2R 3/25
brb NSC 03/14 EB2 03/08 (Chicago)
tingc VSC 03/14
Moulin Rouge VSC 03/20 EB3 Jan CGNY
--------------------------------------------------------------------

S.C = Service Center.
D/K = Don\'t know.

guys...

herez my detail

LocalMadras TSC 02/26 EB2 Houston

i have two questions.

1) I haven\'t called the NVC till date. Is that mandatory to call & check on our individual cases OR is that because of everyone\'s curiosity you all call NVC. Please help me on this.

2) when should we include our spouce to this PROCESSING. Is there a specifc form(s) that needs to be filled, and sent along with PACKET 3 or PACKET 4.

--thanks
LocalMadras

Thanks Hydi and Moulin Rouge for compiling the list

Hi Moulin Rouge,
You can update my info further on your list.

Service Center: TSC
Consulate in India: Chennai
Case: EB2R
Applied for PCC to CGI,Houston on 03/30
Thank you,
Pujpran

localmadras, it\'s not mandatory to call NVC operator.

You can include your spouse name in 140 itself, if not you can include in 230 part1 form.

My wife\'s PCC from India -- They gave her letter -- didn\'t stamp passport

Friends, My wife received PCC from RPO in India. I thought that PCC would be a stamp in passport. Instead, RPO gave her typed certificate. Questions :
1. Don\'t they have to stamp her passport with PCC in effect.
2. In her PC certificate they have mentioned her identity as Dauther of (her Dad\'s Name), and not Wife of (me). I don\'t thing this should be a problem. But want to hear from you all.

thanks
hydi.

hydi

PCC are generally given as certificates. Only Indian government has a rule to stamp the passport for PCC and foreign currency issued etc. I got an India PCC but since my passport is Australian they did not have authority to stamp on it. So they only gave me a certificate. US consulate is not bothered if it is stamped or not. They want a PCC. I know very few countries including Australia who require stamping on the passport. So don\'t worry. Be happy that one page is not wasted on your passport!
My 2c worth.

Woo Hoo !

My case got to the NVC on 3/25 The AVM said case cant be found (as of last night) but spoke to a operator today and he gave me the info (they said not reached as of friday, 3/29) Long Live the VSC

----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
localMadras TSC 02/26 EB2 Houston
watchTSC TSC 02/27 EB2 3/22
White Rose NSC 03/04 EB3 03/04(houston) 03/25
ppm TSC 03/05 EB2
defjam TSC 03/09 D/K
gcOgc 03/11 Eb2R 03/19(houston)
pujpran TSC 03/11 EB2 3/20 (Houston)
hydi TSC 03/11 EB2R 3/25
brb NSC 03/14 EB2 03/08 (Chicago)
tingc VSC 03/14
Moulin Rouge VSC 03/19 EB3 Jan CGNY 3/25
--------------------------------------------------------------------

S.C = Service Center.
D/K = Don\'t know.

Moulin Rouge question..

You mentioned AVM didn\'t get updated yet. But got your info
from operator. Do you know what is the latency in updating
AVM w.r.t cases received by NVC. Eg: Case recvd 03/25. When does
it show up in AVM ?

gcseeker02 !!

NVC Rd 03/25

I140 Ad 03/07 pd 06/2000 svc - VSC NVC RD 03/25.
I have a question regarding pcc.
1. what do I need to apply for PCC? and do I need to get PCC from India.(for both me and my wife).
thanx in adv.

Seshu

pcc replies

sheshu,

if you are residing in any of the NY consulate (india)\'s jurisdiction ( check out their website ) you cna apply a PCC from there. If not, apply at the appropriate consulate/embassy.

In NY, it takes about 45 days if your passport was issued in India. They check with India and then issue one here. You do nto haev the send in yoru passport, but only the photocopy. They will call you when the clearance from india arrives, at which pt you can either mail your passport as per the instructions, or just go there and get it stamped as well as collect the PCC. the fee is $20 per person.

the application forms are available in the misc services section in their web page. If your passport was issued in US, then it\'s a same day service, this PCC.

From what I gathered in this group, if you and wife have been residing here for a while, the PCC from the consulate is all you need. If possible you can also get it from RPO and local police station, but I dont thnk that\'s necessary if you are in US.

HTH.

my 140 was approved from VSC on 3/18, and I am waiting for the NVC receipt as well. Did you come to know of it from the AVM? Do they update it frequently?

thanks,