March 140 Approvals track here..

WhiteRose

Registered Users (C)
Hi, let us start a new thread to track all March 140 approvals. This will help us to track & discuss each other issues.

My details:

140 Approved: 03/04/02
Service center: NSC
Cat: EB3
PCC applied on: 03/06/02 Houston

Called NVC today my case is not yet received.

Guys, please post your details.

I140 March approval

140 Approved: 03/05/02
Service center: TSC
Cat: EB2

What are the steps involved in CP?
Is it OK to change the employer, when CP is underway?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Did you Check for CP while filing for 140?

Hi WhiteRose,

Did you check for CP while filing for 140? I am trying to find the sequence of steps after 140 is approved when you have opted for CP in 140 form.
1) What lawyer will receive after 140 is approved and in approx. how many days?
2) Will lawyer have to file anything before he receives Packet 3?
3) Is there any paper I can ask my lawyer to keep ready while I am waiting for 140 approval?

tons of thanks for your help guys
BladeRunner

I-140 approved for CP at Chennai on 03/12/02

Hi Gurus,

My I-140 has been approved (TSC) for CP at chennai on 03/12/02. I would like to know detailed procedure I should follow from now till getting the approval in Chennai.

Also, I would like to know whether PCC(Police clearance certificate) issued from CGI, Houston will be sufficient or not?

Besides PCC and Birth certificate, is there anythingelse I need to do before receiving the Packet 3?. Do I have to get any medical certificate here in USA?

Also, can anybody give me the time frame for receiving the Packet 3, receiving the packet 4 (Notification from chennai consulate) and the interview date?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Here is the new procedure & checklist, Thanks to this site.

1)INS sends I-140 approved file to NVC & notice the beneficiary,
  2-4 weeks
2) NVC will sent packet3 to us
  4-6 weeks
3) We send packet to St. Louis office (NVS gives address in packet3)
  1-2 day
4) St. Louis sends to NVC
  2-3 weeks
5) NVC send to consulate
  4-8 weeks
6) Consulate schedules interview,
  10-12 weeks
Total expected time from 1 to 5 = 5-6 months in normal case...

See attched doc list for CP

March I-140 AD

I-40 AD 3/12/02
Service Center: NSC
Category: EB2 (SH)
Consulate: Sydney
PCC: Chicago done, Melbourne applied 3/8
Comment: Will hold on to packet 3 to time interview in mid June. Sydney consulate does not require packet 3 through St.Louis/NVC. (ie packet 3 sent directly to them by us/attorney)

BladeRunner, I have selected for CP in my140.

1. If you have selected CP in 140, after 140 is approved your service center will send your case to NVC (National Visa Center). NVC will create a case number for you and will send Packet3 to your lawyer time line for this process is 4-8 weeks.
2. Nothing, until P3 is reached, lawyer can not do anything. But better to prepare fill your DS230, check this form by your self several times it seems lots of RFE are comming related to this form. Send the filled form to your lawyer, let him verify, once P3 comes you can send it immediatly to St.louis. DS230 form is available at immihelp.com
3. No

WhiteRose

How does one find out that NVC has created a case number? I presume one finds out when they get their packet 3, right?
thanks.

You can find by using 140 receipt number.

Call NVC number 603-334-0700, if case is created you will get case number else AVM says no information is found on this case at this time.

that\'s easy

thanks WhiteRose. I will start checking if I can get my I-140 receipt number off my attorney! She only gives me a set of filings. I note you are not registered on Cptracker.com? I know you are ahead of me, so I will wait to hear from you, before I contact my attorney.

brb, I will register in cptracker once I get the case number.

I am waiting NVC to create case number for me.

WhiteRose

I am registered under nick name Sydney. Please let me know your nick name when you do register.

White rose, watch_tsc, and all

My wife is in India now. My 140 is approved. If she gets her PCC from RPO India would that be valid to use for our CP ?

thanks

How do we apply for PCC at houston ?

WhoteRose, and All, What is the process of applying for PCC in Houston ? What are document we have to send ? Your help is greatly appreciated.

hydi

Thank you WhiteRose !!

I am trying to find out if I should go for CP or AOS in the light of new CP process (St. Louis -> NVC thing) and the fact that PDs may regress sometime in Sept., may be...

Any help will be appreciated ...

hydi, goto cgihouston.org in miscelllaneous services

you have to download the application & choose PCC, fees is $20 for each applicant, fill one form for each applicant. you can send extra $15 for return postage or you can enclose a pre paid fedex or ups envolope.

Regarding RPO, I have seen in couple of successful CPer\'s, RPO is ok with the ambessy.

BladeRunner, this new procedure really sucks..

But it is taking another 1 or max 2 months extra than old process. In the begining I also had same thought, but I decided to go for CP because for 5-6 months your whole GC process wil complete. AOS involves lot too and fro of documents, RFE,.. mainly cooperation of your attorney. It depends on your perception to go for CP or AOS. Moreover I haven\'t gone to India nearly 4 years so I thought combining both may help.

Thanks rose ...

My details are :
EB2 - RIR
TSC - AD 11-mar
CP Chennai
PCC yet to be applied.