March 02 "intent of Deny" issued on both I-131 and I-485, Help Please

sargodhian

Registered Users (C)
ND: 03/21/02
FP: 04/01/03
RFE acknowledged by TSC on August 11, 2004 (regarding SR issued by officer 374)
AD: God Knows when ????????/
Last Update changed for both my I-485 and AP, which I filed about 11 months ago to 11/16/2004, but text still the same for both cases

Received e-mail from Attorney today: Notice of “Intent of Deny” has been issued

Today I received e-mail from my attorney and she informed me that on both of my cases "Intent to Deny" notice has been issued. They want me to come for an interview in local office and discuss this with the immigration officer.

Strange thing is that they already received all the information through my attorney and now I have to take the same stuff with me "personally" for this interview.

Cause of "intent of Denney" is that I never appeared for "Special Registration". First of all, according to immigration law if some one enters on Advance Payroll, he/she does not require SR even though they are from SR countries. Secondly, I did go to Local office for special registration just to make sure that I do not need it. After waiting in line for more than 3 hours, I was told by the immigration officer that I do not need SR. I requested the officer to write this down on a piece of paper which he refused to do so.

I informed this to my attorney as well as wrote a letter to Local Immigration office and never received any response from them.

Now, I have no idea what the hell they want from me

AP: filed on 12/03/03, almost a year ago. It transferred to local office on June 17th, transferred back to TSC on September 7th; they issued RFE regarding SR (which Advance Parole never needs according to so called LAW). RFE was acknowledged by TSC on October 19th, but still its not approved.

Text for I-485
On August 11, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Send 2 letters to Senator, two letters to area representative and several faxes to TSC, called TSC and they wanted me to wait for 30 more days before they transfer me to Tier 2 customer service

Did you send the "letter to the local immigration office" by registered/certified mail? If so, then definitely send proof of that in your reply to the NOID. Also, search the web for INS memos related to the rule that parolees were not required to appear for SR. I came across one such doc, but I did not download it -- hopefully you'll find it. Your lawyer might also have a copy of that INS memo.

Chances are that the officer handling your case is not familiar with the fact that parolees were exempt from SR. But the law is on your side -- it should work out for you. Keep your spirit high!

sargodhian said:
ND: 03/21/02
FP: 04/01/03
RFE acknowledged by TSC on August 11, 2004 (regarding SR issued by officer 374)
AD: God Knows when ????????/
Last Update changed for both my I-485 and AP, which I filed about 11 months ago to 11/16/2004, but text still the same for both cases

Received e-mail from Attorney today: Notice of “Intent of Deny” has been issued

Today I received e-mail from my attorney and she informed me that on both of my cases "Intent to Deny" notice has been issued. They want me to come for an interview in local office and discuss this with the immigration officer.

Strange thing is that they already received all the information through my attorney and now I have to take the same stuff with me "personally" for this interview.

Cause of "intent of Denney" is that I never appeared for "Special Registration". First of all, according to immigration law if some one enters on Advance Payroll, he/she does not require SR even though they are from SR countries. Secondly, I did go to Local office for special registration just to make sure that I do not need it. After waiting in line for more than 3 hours, I was told by the immigration officer that I do not need SR. I requested the officer to write this down on a piece of paper which he refused to do so.

I informed this to my attorney as well as wrote a letter to Local Immigration office and never received any response from them.

Now, I have no idea what the hell they want from me

AP: filed on 12/03/03, almost a year ago. It transferred to local office on June 17th, transferred back to TSC on September 7th; they issued RFE regarding SR (which Advance Parole never needs according to so called LAW). RFE was acknowledged by TSC on October 19th, but still its not approved.

Text for I-485
On August 11, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Send 2 letters to Senator, two letters to area representative and several faxes to TSC, called TSC and they wanted me to wait for 30 more days before they transfer me to Tier 2 customer service

I agree with you. If you have documented proof( I am sure you can find it on the web), and refer to the fact, that if you enter in the US on a AP, you need not have "Special Registered". i.e parolees were not required to appear for SR.

I belive you are going to fine. In fact, I am guessing you will be approved, when you go for your interview.

Be prepared, calm and confident....You gonna be ok.

Thank You

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers
I do have a copy of letter that i sent to the Local Office,but I could not find the copy of the Fed Ex that i sent to them. However, I did send an e-mail to my attorney and she will send me that with dates and all the details I also have a copy of the memo that says that I do not need SR.

Lets see

registered yesterday

I went to Local office and spoke to an investigation officer, she told me the same that I was not supposed to register. Anyway, she registered me in the database yesterday and I faxed all the documents to my Attorney. Let’s see what happens now?

sargodhian said:
I went to Local office and spoke to an investigation officer, she told me the same that I was not supposed to register. Anyway, she registered me in the database yesterday and I faxed all the documents to my Attorney. Let’s see what happens now?

I am optimistic about your case. I think it will get approved eventually because all the information and documents in your side. USCIS adjucators do this kind of mistakes soemtimes. I thinnk if your attorney explains the whole thing properly (by mentioning that you used AP and therefore you did not need SR), you will get approval soon.