Mar 04 EB3 140 approved

bigbadwolf said:
We were in a similar position. I think you need to talk to the US ins officer / office that let you in and get a statement from them. When we had applied for EAD/AP extension, my wife had submitted a written affidavit with the details on which border unit let her come in from Canada.

How did you know which officer to contact? I entered thru the Blaine road crossing in Dec. 2002. Did you contact the POE directly via phone or a written request...

Thanks

We got the number from the BCIS website and called the office. I dont think we talked to the officer and I dont think you need to either. Just try to get a letter from the office. You may also want to talk to a BCIS office to verify the format of any such letter.

bigbadwolf,

Did the letter say they inspected your wife and didn't stamp her PP or was it more of a general statement stating that in cases like this, they do not stamp PP or issue new I-94 on inspection. Also, did you mean the Customs & border patrol office at the POE or some central CBP office?

Thanks
Bharad

Last edited by a moderator:
POE and I said written affidavit, not letter. My wife just had to print a letter and say that she did not get any i94 because she entered from canada at a specific poe. she signed it and that was it. nobody issued us any letter. but in your case that might be more appropriate as they want evidence.

Bharad:
Have you made any trips out of the country after Dec 23, 02? just wondering if it is indeed your last lawful admission till this point or whether is the last admission before you had applied for your I485.

Thanks!

avi101 said:
Bharad:
Have you made any trips out of the country after Dec 23, 02? just wondering if it is indeed your last lawful admission till this point or whether is the last admission before you had applied for your I485.

Thanks!

I have made trips after filing 485, but thats not what they care about. its only the last entry before filing 485 that will be considered.

Hello Folks,

My Priority Date is April 2002, do u think NSC is closer to it by any chance?

Appreciate your input.

I am outta here! (sort of)

We are permanent residents...We got our PP stamped today without incident.

details:
PD: Nov 2001.
140/485 RD: 03/08/04
140 AD: 02/16/05
485 RFE recd: 02/25/05 CIS recd response: 03/15/05
485 AD: 03/25/05 (for spouse and I) PP stamped: 04/11/05

I hope and wish everone waiting gets their 140/485 approved without any more delays!

best wishes
bharad1