Many thanks, Guys. I was able to go today wednesday(06/05/02 Newark) and got stamped in 2 hours. Det

manGC

Registered Users (C)
I did not receive my approval courtesy copy. So I took the approval letter from the lawyer yesterday evening and went for stamping. Reached there at 8.10 was out by 10.00. IBIS check took only 10-15 minutes.

RD: 07/13/01
ND: 08/28/01
FP: 12/27/01
AD: 05/28/02
NJ/EB3/RIR

No Title

How come it was so fast? Was there no crowd today? How many people were there before you?

Do they tell you exactly which queue to stand in and where to go? Please post ur experience.

Thanx in advance.

My experience..

I reached Newark office at around 8.10. I saw two lines in the frontside of the office and stood in one line. INS guy asked all I485 cases to go to the gate on the left side of the building. When I reached there there was another line about 20 people before me.
Lady at the gate asked for keep all documents ready and looked at the approval letter and let me in.
Then they asked if i am a citizen when I said no she gave me paper which says go to a room number in 2nd floor.

In the secod floor room around 20 peple before I was called. They checked all my documents asked to sign and finger print( took about 5 minutes), gave the paper back with a token number , asked to go to 10th floor.

In the 10th floor lobby only 40% of the seats were occupied. They were calling token number 35 less than mine.

After 45 minutes waiting for the token call, a lady called me took my papers (it took only 2 minutes) and she said she has to do my background check asked to remain seated.

After 10-15 minutes she called my token asked just stamped the passport.

I was with my wife for stamping