Many EB2 approvals. When see EB3's?

NovasTaylor

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

I've been following the I-485 approvals on Trackitt.com and see many EB2's. EB3 approvals are rare in recent weeks. I know Eb2 is a higher priority, but does anyone have an idea of when we might start to see EB3 approvals?

Tim

When the priority dates for EB3 move out of 2001 and 2002.

I had stopped following the Visa Bulletin after my I-485 application was received at the processing center when my PD became current back in May-07. I had thought the "clock started ticking" with the received date and based on processing times that, in the most optimistic estimate, I might hear about an approval 6 months after the application was received (< insert your laughter here :D >).

Are you saying I should not expect to hear anything until well after my priority date (June 2003) once again becomes current? Does my received date have any bearing on this now?

Rats. I was really hoping to change employers this spring....

Cheers,

Tim

Doesn't make sense, no matter where the priority dates are, EB3 and EB2 should follow a close pattern as both have 28.6% of the overall quota although EB2 may get a few numbers which are not required by EB1. We should be atleast seeing cases being approved from 2001 for EB3. If there are no cases to approve from 2001 for EB3, then the VISA cut-off date should move ahead.

Having said this, I have no clue as to why there are no EB3 approvals but there always seems to be a pattern with USCIS where it approves certain cases, now the wave seems to me EB2.

NMolleti

When the priority dates for EB3 move out of 2001 and 2002.

Are you saying I should not expect to hear anything until well after my priority date (June 2003) once again becomes current? Does my received date have any bearing on this now?

You cannot be approved unless your PD is current. USCIS will take the receipt date into consideration once you are current, but not until then.

Doesn't make sense, no matter where the priority dates are, EB3 and EB2 should follow a close pattern as both have 28.6% of the overall quota although EB2 may get a few numbers which are not required by EB1. We should be atleast seeing cases being approved from 2001 for EB3. If there are no cases to approve from 2001 for EB3, then the VISA cut-off date should move ahead.

Having said this, I have no clue as to why there are no EB3 approvals but there always seems to be a pattern with USCIS where it approves certain cases, now the wave seems to me EB2.

NMolleti

I concur. They are more than likely approving equal number of EB2 and EB3 cases. If they do not have any approvable cases with PD before 2001 May, the cut off date should have moved forward in the VB.

"we are not seeing may EB3 on here" probably only means that there are lot more EB2 applicants on these boards than EB3 applicants.
The only way to know the approvals count is for USCIS to publish the number of cases by country and EB category.

I concur. They are more than likely approving equal number of EB2 and EB3 cases. If they do not have any approvable cases with PD before 2001 May, the cut off date should have moved forward in the VB.

"we are not seeing may EB3 on here" probably only means that there are lot more EB2 applicants on these boards than EB3 applicants.
The only way to know the approvals count is for USCIS to publish the number of cases by country and EB category.

Look here

http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1829967&postcount=1