• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Mandatory to go to the sponsor's address first?

p1rulz

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone!

Congratulations to all, and goodluck to those who are waiting for the interview..

Thanks to this wonderful forum, I learned a lot from here. I am now done with the visa process as well. Now, planning to leave so looking for air ticket. I have a question. May be someone of you can enlighten me.

My sponsor (who provided me I-134, Affadavit Of Support) lives in Wisconsin. However, I am planning to live in Virginia / DC. I have friends and families over there as well. So, I can directly go there without going to Wisconsin, if it is possible. My question is, is it possible? Or is it mandatory to go where the sponsor lives, (atleast the same state)?? Where will my SSC, Green Card and Welcome Letter be delivered? Do they send these items to the address that was noted in DS-230 or the Sponsor's address or my new address, which I can provide at the POE? Do they ask for my address there? And Do they check the airflight tickets to see my destination city?

Thank in Advance!

hi. Once you land at the international airport? Just give them the address you stated in your NL but you can move to a different destination? They hardly check the air tickets coz its the responsibililty of the airline and their job is to deal with immigration to and from the country. To be brief - you dont necessary have to go to the address of your sponsor.

Hello Everyone!

Congratulations to all, and goodluck to those who are waiting for the interview..

Thanks to this wonderful forum, I learned a lot from here. I am now done with the visa process as well. Now, planning to leave so looking for air ticket. I have a question. May be someone of you can enlighten me.

My sponsor (who provided me I-134, Affadavit Of Support) lives in Wisconsin. However, I am planning to live in Virginia / DC. I have friends and families over there as well. So, I can directly go there without going to Wisconsin, if it is possible. My question is, is it possible? Or is it mandatory to go where the sponsor lives, (atleast the same state)?? Where will my SSC, Green Card and Welcome Letter be delivered? Do they send these items to the address that was noted in DS-230 or the Sponsor's address or my new address, which I can provide at the POE? Do they ask for my address there? And Do they check the airflight tickets to see my destination city?

Thank in Advance!

Pls at P.O.E give them your new address, where you will be staying and that's where your papers will be sent.We did the same; our sponsor lives in Cal and the address in our NL was Maryland but our P.O.E was JFK and we live in NY with all our papers, green card and all.for your info that card is not green in color.