Mandamus

white_bear

Registered Users (C)
I have had enough of the wait. Asked my lawyer to file mandamus. I-485 filed 5/23/2006. PD sometime in March 2002. NR country. EB2. Will let the sufffering crowd now how it goes if there is interest. Cheers.

if you can post a copy of your complaint after it is filed (black out some info if you want) that would be great !

What state are you in and where does your lawyer plan on filing ?

sorry, cant post the guts of the filing... the lawyer takes care of it, i wont even see it.. plus i doubt i can do it legally... i am in NY... the lawyer said we are allowed to file mandamus a year after I-485 is filed, but the INS do get pissed if its done right after a year.. so she recommended to wait two years (in my case May 08), but I said screw it and pushed her to do it now... so will try to help this forums crowd now with the report on how this thing is digested in the system...

white_bear: I also filed in 05/2006 (EB2 ROW)and still waiting because of namecheck. I talked to my lawyer about mandamus, and she told me exectly what you've been told: you can file 1 year after last action on your case, but better wait till two years. Would you mind sharing how much your lawyer charges for filing mandamus? Mine quoted $7.5K which is very steep for me. I've decided to wait until after I come from a vacation in May, and then file mandamus.

3.5K is what I was told.... that, if there are no complications, such as your name being on some 'list'- i have a cmmon name for my country, the lawyer warned me it could listed for somebody else... then the cost can go higher...

so quick update on the action taken and results so far... Received an RFE for proof of employment, sent reply, today update is that they received it... Not sure where it goes from here, but the wheels were set in motion again and thats encouraging...

My lawyer told me that they would require new fingerprinting since the last one expired... No action from USCIS on this yet.. Anybody has an opinion when and IF it is going to be required? TIA.

Also, still have no idea if the name check is cleared... i was stuck there...

I think that USCIS began storing fingerprints sometime around 06/2006, so for people who gaves FPs after 06/2006, they simply re-run stored prints every 15 months. So you may not be required to give a new set of prints after all.

I did my last FP 6/2/2006... Hahaha. Maybe I will get lucky for a change?

I also noticed that my LUDs have been changing every day since USCIS received response to RFE. 5 days in a row. Would anybody help with a guess if its a usual course of things or if that means USCIS is gearing up for something? Maybe it is FP related?

10 days ago received a notice RFE was mailed to me. Today it arrived, USCIS wants a copy of two recent EAD cards. Apparently to demonstrate proof of legal employment over the past couple of years. Hmmm... Dont they have them on file themselves? They are the ones who issued these cards... LOL.

Anyway, that was a 2nd RFE, so at least I am moving somewhat. Still no news on a new FP appontment, so I am hoping they did save my latest from 6/2006.

Today I received email that the card production was ordered. Rollercoaster ride that started in 1994 at college is over. Now I can fulfill my life long dream of being a life guard on a beach in Cali or a scuba diving instructor in Florida.... Bring back Baywatch!!

On a serious note, WOM spured the final push, and who knows how long I would have to wait without this action...

Good luck to all!!!!

Seriously man ! David Hasselhoff and Pam are old now !
But , enjoy whatever you do ! Congratulations.
So long !

Actually a question for people.. Just had a conversation with my boss, it is very possible our whole department could be laid off (the possibility for that was the actual reason for me to hurry with WOM, to be honest)... Since I plan to eventually apply for citizenship, would termination of employment hinder my case?

And as for others who got GC who are saying dont worry you turn will come, i say 'b'sht, do something about it.. file WOM'... did not you have enough? i have a friend, who has a friend at FBI, who checked my case only couple of weeks ago, and he told me that FBI cleared be back in September, so I was not moving because of USCIS... not sure they would have touched my case if I did not file WOM... it was $3.4K but after two months, its done... maybe thats what they want, for you to spend a bit more cash...

Now you are being paranoid. I mean both your question and a statement.
PS Congratulations with card and thanks for fighting the machine.