Mandamus Lawsuit

How much do attorney’s charge for mandamus lawsuit? My attorney is quoting $5k, Ready to file lawsuit against uscis for not scheduling my asylum interview. Any thoughts or inputs?

3-5k is a general charge for federal lawsuits. If you can’t afford it look for a pro bono immigration attorney.

The government has 60 days to respond after being served with a summons. They can also file for a motion asking for more time. However it will get your case moving for sure. It doesn’t mean it will be approved. Mandamus is much more risky at asylum stage than if filed for green card or citizenship delays. However, even if your case is denied, you can still appeal to the immigration judge, BIA or to the circuit court of appeals. If you go through the whole process, it will take several years. I heard of someone who applied when they were 22 years old and got finally denied when they were almost 50 going through the whole court system. Then he got his final letter of deportation

The government has 60 days to respond after being served with a summons. They can also file for a motion asking for more time. However it will get your case moving for sure. It doesn’t mean it will be approved. Mandamus is much more risky at asylum stage than if filed for green card or citizenship delays. However, even if your case is denied, you can still appeal to the immigration judge, BIA or to the circuit court of appeals. If you go through the whole process, it will take several years. I heard of someone who applied when they were 22 years old and got finally denied when they were almost 50 going through the whole court system. Then he got his final letter of deportation
Thanks for the information fin.