Man ,...i dont know what to do ??HELP

zizo79 said:
. Zizo - where are you located? A few friends from law school are practicing immigration law around the country. If you are near one I can make sure they won't overcharge.
i am located in pennsylvania ,45 minutes from philadelphia..thanks for all the help guys ,..it is deeply appreciated[/QUOTE]

Ok so we both go to the same office & have the same case. I can also direct you to my lawyer, he wasn't very expensive. Any way, to make a long story short.

The I-765 application will be denied for failure to register.
You will be placed in removal procedure for failure to register
The I-485 will be administratively closed for being in removal procedures, in other words the approval or denial will be transfered from the immigration to the immigration court.
Finally you will appear infront of a judge (preferable to have a lawyer) and the judge will either A) terminate proceeding and transfer the case back to immigration, or B) Ask you to file another I-485 in court and grant you the approval.
In either cases it should be fine. But make sure if the judge did solution A) to do an info pass appointment immediately were you will write a letter requesting reopening your case, because I waited a month and half after court as the Judge & my lawyer told me that the 485 application will be immediately reopened and then I discovered that my case is still closed and I had to write a letter to request it opened again. Also after the termination of proceeding and the reopeneing of your 485 case you can then re-apply for the work permit as the reason for denial is corrected, but you will have to pay the $180 again.

pianoplayer said:
Your attorney should probably have researched your case a little better in the initial stages. Assuming he knew you were from Marocco, that should be one of the initial questions he should have asked (Did you register for NSEERS?) ---- but then again, we were not there to judge.

Either way, it would be a good idea to find an attorney to represent you. Immigration court can be somewhat intimidating.

I apologize for the extreme delay in responding ---- I have only now noticed that you posted this.

Immigration court can be intimidating because it is a formal court procedure, not an administrative procedure. Even if you decide not to have an attorney, DOH will have counsel representing them. It is best for you to have someone who can advise you of the procedure and your rights.

If you cannot afford an attorney, one of the pro-bono attorneys from the charitable agencies will be fine ---- some of them have significant experience, since they get to go to Immigration Court a whole lot. And it is certainly better than your going by yourself.