Major Field of Study I140 RFE

Amused

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

I recieved a RFE related to my major Field of Study. USCIS has asked how my Field of Study - Mechanical - is related to Computer Sciences? In the ETA 750 the major field of study is mentioned as "Computer Science or Related".

I have searched/read through many posts on this forum and haven't been able to get a clear idea from anyone how they went about proving the "related" term. Your thoughts and suggestions will be a great help.

Unitednations: reading your posts, I understand you had a similar case. Can you shed some light, please. Also, NVC, gcwaiting2001, gcbear, avjr, if you are reading this, please respond.

Thanks to all...

The details:-
ND I140 - 9-26-2003
RFE I140 - 11-01-2004

Unitednations,

Thanks for your quick reply and for forwarding the link. I had already seen that note in a previous post of yours in another thread. Also, I am trying to understand how your case is different than mine...

What kind of evaluation should I ask the evaluating company to do, since I already have a MS here. Would this be a course by course evaluation?

Can you elaborate a little more on "knowledge skillset required with degree....". Do you mean to identify if the course work prepared me for the skill sets required for the job?

I do not mean to take this discussion off the board, but perhaps is there a possibilty that I could discuss this with you on a phone? That too, if you have the time. If so then please PM me.

Thanks, again...

Unitednations,

Thanks for the very usefull link. Also, thanks for the clarification on your case...makes more sense now. As suggested I will cross post this in the other forums too.

I will send you an email later this evening.

Regards..