Maitaining residence requirement while out of the country

crazygc

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I have had my GC for the last 1 year. During this 1 year, I have made 2 trips outside the US (1 was for 5 weeks, and the 2nd one was for 4 weeks).
Now, my employer wants me to work out of US (still paying me in US dollars) for 1 year. Is there anyway to maintain the continuous residence requirement for the Citizenship while being out?
I know I can apply for re-entry permit, but that will affect my citizenship cycle - I heard somebody say that if I am employed by a US Company (which is true in my case), I might have some special provisions... Is this true?
Can you please throw light on this?

Thanks a lot

Jeof

Joef,
The N-470 form mentions something that

"resided in and been physically present in the United States for an uninterrupted period of at least one year after lawful
admission for permanent residence."

Does this mean that my short trip of 4-5 weeks out of US makes me ineligible to apply for this?

Why would there be such a restriction? What's wrong with somebody having gone out for a few weeks during the last 12 months?

Can you throw some light?

Re-entry permit

That mean I cannot apply for N-470.

So, my option is to apply for re-entry permit.

- Other than loosing time for citizenship, are there any other disadvantages for re-entry permit?

- I have been asked by my company to be in our international office for 1 year. Will I be ok if I apply for re-entry permit?