maintain PR status while working in China

jiang.62

Registered Users (C)
I got my GC in Jan 2005, so we should be eligible to apply for citizenship in July 2009. Current there is an job offer I'd like to take, which is from US company's Chinese branch, but it is paid with chinese currency. The job will start in Oct 2008 in US (training), then move to China in July 2009. We are planning to sell the house here and move the whole family to China , but would like to keep the PR, and having my wife applying citizenship. My questions are:

1. If we come back to US for short stay every 6 month, can we keep PR status? Do we need to apply re-entry permit, and how long and how often we can do that?

2. If my wife files the citizenship application, then move to China with me, but come back for finger print and interview etc, can the citizenship be rejected? If so, how does it affect the PR status?

Thanks in advance. I am waiting for your advice anxiously.

I got my GC in Jan 2005, so we should be eligible to apply for citizenship in July 2009. Current there is an job offer I'd like to take, which is from US company's Chinese branch, but it is paid with chinese currency. The job will start in Oct 2008 in US (training), then move to China in July 2009. We are planning to sell the house here and move the whole family to China , but would like to keep the PR, and having my wife applying citizenship. My questions are:

1. If we come back to US for short stay every 6 month, can we keep PR status? Do we need to apply re-entry permit, and how long and how often we can do that?

2. If my wife files the citizenship application, then move to China with me, but come back for finger print and interview etc, can the citizenship be rejected? If so, how does it affect the PR status?

Thanks in advance. I am waiting for your advice anxiously.

You can apply for RP which is valid for 2 years and you do not have to come every 6 months to keep your PR if RP approved.
To come and go every 6 months is not a good idea, PR means you have real tie to the US not just the plastic card. If you keep this pattern your GC may be revoked.
Approval of USC application depends on many factors not just beeing have a GC (job, taxes, pattern of stay ..................etc) and staying on China for long time before application will have impact on your approval for sure.