Mailing N-400 questions, ok to send over the weekend

jefkorn

Registered Users (C)
Thinking of sending N-400 packet to Lewsville, TX lockbox via FedEx on Friday and have it delivered on Monday

Does anyone know what happens to deliveries on Saturday or Sunday?

Do I risk little delay if I send N-400 packet to be delivered on Saturday or Sunday. I would assume FedEx will try to deliver on Monday.

Should I request signatures on delivery? I will have the proof of mailing and tracking.

You can request signatures, in that case Fedex will delay until there is someone to sign (business day most likely).

You can send it overnight first thing monday morning and that should be ok.

Just do certified mail by USPS. Takes 2-3 days and will be there by Monday if dropped off today

thanks guyss for your ideas! Another thing I was thinking of whether all the mail dropped at the lock box is picked up by USCIS and hauled off to service centers one day a week or is it an everyday operation?

so in other words, does USCIS let all mail sit there at lockbox and then haul it off a specific day to service centers?

Here's how I prepared two N-400 applications (one for myself and second for my spouse).

The order of package:

1. On top, Two passport size color photos in a transparent ID holder (got it from walmart I think craft section - it looks like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Advantus-Proximity-ID-Badge-Holders/14918622). I didn't buy the box shown in the link but got a smaller pack with 10 or 20 covers/holders in it.

2. Check for $680 (each signeed their own check). I wrote A # on the top left next to the address area. On the for/memo line at the lower left, wrote "Fee for N-400 application and biometrics"

3. 10 pages of the form n400 plus one additional page because information in one of the sections was too long to fit in the boxes provided. I wrote "Please see attachment - Exhibit A" in the N400 form (for example in the employment section because the names of the employers were spilling over.

4. Copies of front and back of green card

I first set of papers for mmyself into on yellow 9x12 clasp [image: http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Staples/s0069356_sc7?$splssku$] and wrote

Form N-400
Name of the applicant
A#

I put second set for my wife into on a second yellow 9x12 clasp envelope [image: http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Staples/s0069356_sc7?$splssku$] and wrote

Form N-400
Name of the applicant
A#

Then I put both of these envelopes into one priority envelope (the hard kind, don't know what you call them) and sent it by priority two day. Also attached signature confirmation. Total cost $8.30

According to the USPS clerk, it wil out today at 2:30 PM and will travel through the weekend to get there on Monday most likey in the morning but not guranteed.

Hope it helps others in similar situation. I know I had questions about every little detail. Will keep you guys posted on what happens next.

Jeffkorn - Now that the application is out, you can sleep in peace for a few weeks :D Glad you took the advice to send USPS. Other option would be a waste of money

yeah it's a big relief the get the application out the door. Unless someone is in a rush and wants their applciation delivered before a certain date, USPS is quire reliable and especially if you are sending on a Friday, you get the advantage of packae in motion throughout the weekend and getting there on Monday so i effect it's "next business day" delivery for you. I wasn't sure if I needed the signature confirmatio needed but attached it for the heck of it. If you take out the signature confirmation, the total is $5 something...yeah I know get some weird pleasure by saving money :)

jefkorn

you should be fine.., agree..we fret and sweat on everything when it is with USCIS

I mailed mine Sept5th(thursday) via Fedex for 35$ reached next day 6th(Friday) morning 10.30am, check cashed on Sept 11th.We cant get to see any case# etc as we dont have a image of the check in our bank account.

sitting tight for now and waiting for the receipt and finger printing notice

Good luck with your case and if you are a september filer, I would appreciate if you could post your timelines in a thread I created for aeveryone who files N-400 in September. That wasy we can keep each other in the loop and informed about what's going on with our cases.

Just confirming that applications sent via USPS priority mail 2 days service, confirmation signature requested. The package was sent on Friday 09/13/2013 morning from MA and was delivered in Dallas on Monday morning 09/16/2013 (apparently at 4:52 AM?? and signed by human being)

The text of email sent from USPS (you have to enter your email on the tracking page to receive this email with PDF)

"
The following is in response to your September 13, 2013 request for delivery information on your Signature Confirmation™ item number 000000000 . The delivery record shows that this item was delivered on September 16, 2013 at 4:52 am in DALLAS, TX 75260 to C THORNQUIST. The scanned image of the recipient information is provided below. "

Send on a Friday before 2PM (check with USPS when is the first outgoing batch), ask for signature confirmation and the package will reach Dallas on Monday.

The routing details if anyone is interested:

Delivered September 16, 2013, 4:52 am DALLAS, TX 75260
Available for Pickup September 15, 2013, 11:15 am DALLAS, TX 75266
Arrival at Post Office September 15, 2013, 7:36 am DALLAS, TX 75260
Acceptance September 13, 2013, 9:38 am ABC, MA 01234