Mailed on 8/18/2009. No news yet!!!

bhatsk

Registered Users (C)
I mailed my N-400 on 8/18 to Phoenix, AZ. I have neither recieved any notification, nor have they cashed the checks yet. Is there a way to call some number to find out what is going on? Or, is it too early yet?

Thanks!

what did you use?

what did you use to send the application? i would always suggest to use fedex or ups (not USPS).

dont worry...mine took almost a month, see below:

My Timeline:
05/21/2009: N-400 mailed to PHX PO Box (by regular mail, not certified mail)
06/16/2009: Checks Cashed
05/26/2009: Priority Date
06/11/2009: Notice Date
06/23/2009 : FP Notice Recd (Me)
06/25/2009 : FP Notice Recd (My wife)
07/09/2009 : FP Done
09/03/2009: Mine and my wife’s Interview Date

I used USPS Priority Mail

I guess I wasn't thinking right. You are right I should either have used Fedex or Express mail with tracking.

Sanjith, your case gives me hope. Looks like in your case they actually cashed the checks after they send out your the notice. That's interesting!

Worst case...If I don't hear for a month or more, Is there a number that I can call to find out?

You are right I should either have used Fedex or Express mail with tracking.

Nope, not necessarily, check my time line. I used USPS normal 1st Class mail but with a green return address card. It's too late for you now, but that would have told you if they received it or not.

From what I have read here, people using Couriers seem to in general, wait longer for the application to be acknowledged. Not sure why it might be like that, maybe they get hundreds more each day by Courier than USPS.

USPS with certified mail option would be better.

Anyway, wait for a week or so and you will not get any positive response before that.

I mailed my N-400 on 8/18 to Phoenix, AZ. I have neither recieved any notification, nor have they cashed the checks yet. Is there a way to call some number to find out what is going on? Or, is it too early yet?

Thanks!

I didn't have any problems using the post office. If you have online banking, try checking to see if the check cashed or just call them to verify.

It won't take too long. I keep telling myself to be patience and it will happen. It's not a matter of if, but when.

Good luck!