Mail Receiving Cut-off time - Urgent, Experts Please

asylee1999

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mailed my I-485 application on August 15th by Fedex standard overnight. It supposed to be at USCIS on August 16th, 2007. But it got entered in the Fedex system for 2 day delivery and now it will be delivered by 4:30pm on August 17th. August 17th is a last day to receive applications. I called Fedex many times and talked with different people to expedite the delivery but they said there is nothing can be done now.

Do you know what is the mail receiving cut-off time at Lincoln, Nebrasaka Service Center? Please let me know, I am really worried now.

If the FedEx 'delivery date' is August 17th, you will be fine. I mean FedEx won't deliver after business hours.

Since they guarantee delivery by 4.30 PM, August 17th, USCIS will accept it. Most of the time, FedEx delivers well before the promised time.

Good luck.

Fedex only can help you.

Try to call NSC tomorrow and find out till what time they accept the mails.
I tried to find the times on line but couldn't get. So called NSC, voice message says Customer Service Representatives will be available from 8AM to 6PM.

I think you will be fine if it reaches by 4:30PM (means before 6:00PM). But you would have called and asked them today if they can change it by overnight (express) from any center point/place.
Call Fedex tomorrow also and request them to deliver at least an hour earlier if possible.

I was in a similar situation (not bad as you) on July 26th for my EAD. I came to know from my attorney(useless) in the last minute that it should reach by July 27th only and not by July 30th (with old fee). Within two hours I filled all the papers for me and son, taken pictures, printed all the documents and finally handed over to the Fedex guy at 7:00PM. At that last minute he announced he can't deliver to a PO box number. He helped us and checked on line and found the address with street address around 7:30PM (really nice). As he couldn't charge in the system after 7:00PM, he charged to our credit card. But mine finally reached the next day morning around 10:30AM. Anyway, mine is not that bad, even I missed it I would have lost few more bugs.

Anyway, don't loose hope and best of luck. I think you will be fine but keep calling them till they confirm.