Mail from National Visa Center

garbage

Registered Users (C)
On Friday I got mail from National Visa Center saying:
"the immigrant visa petition filed on behalf of my wife has become eligible for further processing at the National Visa Center"​
And further I am told to pay $88 for processing fee of Affidavit of Support.

What is this letter about? I had filed an I-130 for my wife as a greencard holder, which was approved but was still not eligible for AOS, as per my understanding. I myself am in process of naturalization. Also Affidavit of Support per USCIS is free why is NVC wants me to pay?

This letter from NVC, gave me a case number and I will also be calling them on Monday, but till then I would really appreciate you guy's help.

Thank you.

NVC charges for Affidavit of support. Looks like your wife's priority date became current. When did you file her I-130? What is your/her country of citizenship? It would be more helpful if you can provide relevant information in your first post itself.

On Friday I got mail from National Visa Center saying:
"the immigrant visa petition filed on behalf of my wife has become eligible for further processing at the National Visa Center"​
And further I am told to pay $88 for processing fee of Affidavit of Support.

What is this letter about? I had filed an I-130 for my wife as a greencard holder, which was approved but was still not eligible for AOS, as per my understanding. I myself am in process of naturalization. Also Affidavit of Support per USCIS is free why is NVC wants me to pay?

This letter from NVC, gave me a case number and I will also be calling them on Monday, but till then I would really appreciate you guy's help.

Thank you.

You filed an I-130 for an F2A and it is current for consular processing. NVC handles cases that were indicated as ones that would be through consular processing and yes they charge to adjudicate the I-864 at NVC before forwarding the completed package to the consulate/embassy that is indicated according to the foreign address of the beneficiary. This is a good sign UNLESS she is an overstay in the U.S. and will be filing for AOS after you naturalize.

Why are you surprised by this development?