Mail delay @CSC ????

I mailed wife's EAD renewal application on Feb 26th, no receipt nor check has been cashed, I guess I will have to wait for 30 days. I didnt send signature card is that a problem?

Re: Talked to IIO

I filed my spouse's and my EAD & AP renewal by post on Feb 11th and I got the receipt notices for my Spouse's EAD & both our APs on Feb 23rd. I haven't received my EAD receipt notice so far. My lawyer said she would see the encashed check and let me know the WAC#. I called USCIS National Customer Service and the service rep asked me to wait until March 12th(30 days from filing) and then call back.....

Originally posted by chava
I talked to IIO this morning regarding the mail delay and she mentioned that I have to wait and see for atleast 30 days .:eek: from the time of apply before I enquire about it. She asked me to call back on March 02nd if I don't receive it by then. I have sent my renewal application for my 3rd EAD on Jan 29th.

--Chava

EAD and Advance Parole renewal for me and my wife was filed on 16th of February. My lawyers big firm in Santa Clara got receipts in about 2 weeks. I already have the wac numbers. So dunno what mail delays you guys are talking about.

I don't know how INS came up with this magic number 30, we hear this whenever there is a delay.

I have heard this 30 day number twice so far in my case:

1. I didn't receive my EAD and was asked to wait for 30 days before calling INS.Why on earth will it take 30 days for a mail to reach me? I am not in Timbuktu

2. I called after 30 days, and this time I was asked to wait for 30 more days, reason ... someone from CSC will either call me or send me a mail regarding the non-receipt of the card.

I am still waiting. Meanwhile I have already submitted an application for a replacement card( that was another $120 mind you)

Originally posted by chava
Did anyone received their receive notice who applied their EAD renewal application on or after Feb 11th??

--Regards,
Chava.

hi chava,

i sent my ead renewal on 2/17/04 rd 2/17/04 nd 2/20/04 receipt notice was post marked 2/23/04. check cleared the week of 2/17/04. sent my application via fedex. this is my 2nd ead wac-04-094-52***

common problem

Many people are experiencing a similar problem. There is a mail delay with AP.
Mine was mailed on 4 March and I haven't received it yet.

got AP in mail

I got my AP in mail on 10 March.
Per online message it was mailed on 4th March.

Receipt Date 02 Jan 04
Approved on 27 Feb 04

got AP in mail

Receipt Date 02 Jan 04
Approved on 27 Feb 04

got AP in mail

Receipt Date 02 Jan 04
Approved on 27 Feb 04

Maybe this is why???

This posted on one of the immigration sites today -- If it is this thats responsible- then the ever patient adjustees get shafted again!!!

"Employment Authorization for Salvadorans Re-Registered for TPS

On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that renewal Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) have been processed for over 238,000 Salvadoran citizens who have re-registered for Temporary Protected Status (TPS).

The Press Release issued by USCIS estimates that "Salvadorans who filed their extension by the September 15, 2003 deadline should receive their renewal EAD cards by March 9, 2004." These renewal EADs are valid until March 5, 2005, the date the current TPS extension for Salvadorans is set to expire.

USCIS further advises Salvadorans who have timely filed for TPS re-registration, believe they should have received a renewal EAD, and have not received a renewal EAD by March 9, 2004 to "immediately contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center...,the Embassy of El Salvador..., or a Salvadoran Consulate in their vicinity."

The USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) can be reached Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00AM to 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) at (800) 375-5283. The telephone number for the Embassy of El Salvador is (202) 387-4766.

Employers with questions regarding EADs and I-9s are advised to contact the USCIS Office of Business Liaison employer information number at (800) 357-2099. "

I received my EAD application back from USCIS, as I had filled section 16 on the form incorrectly, I will have to mail it again