Magic Words appeared on my 485 Case Status

kiddy

Registered Users (C)
As per online status our 485s got aproved (For me and Spouse). I thank one and all for their input on this forum for such a long journey.

Good Luck to you all.

Can anybody tell me whether InfoPass is available for MPLS area? If so do you know anyone who has recently went thru this process? thanks.

Here is the Info:

ND 11/2002
FP1 12/2002
FP2 7/2004
RFE 8/2004
RFE Recieved 10/2004
AD 10/19/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
kiddy said:
As per online status our 485s got aproved (For me and Spouse). I thank one and all for their input on this forum for such a long journey.

Good Luck to you all.

Can anybody tell me whether InfoPass is available for MPLS area? If so do you know anyone who has recently went thru this process? thanks.

Here is the Info:

ND 11/2002
FP1 12/2002
FP2 7/2004
RFE 8/2004
RFE Recieved 10/2004
AD 10/19/2004

Infopass is available throughout USA now. Go to www.uscis.gov, click on Infopass, enter your zipcode and take an appointment after choosing the correct option. Infopass appointment and recent version of acceptable photos is a must now.

akkubaba said:
kiddy
How many days it took to get approval once RFE response was recieved by USCIS.

Around two weeks after the last LUD.

Thanks to all of you.

gcard2002 said:
Infopass is available throughout USA now. Go to www.uscis.gov, click on Infopass, enter your zipcode and take an appointment after choosing the correct option. Infopass appointment and recent version of acceptable photos is a must now.

Thanks for your response. I have one more question though.

To setup an appointment do we have to have the approaval notice? Or the email confirmation is enough?

kiddy said:
Thanks for your response. I have one more question though.

To setup an appointment do we have to have the approaval notice? Or the email confirmation is enough?

To setup an infopass appointment, I don't think you need anything on hand. Anyway, appointments are given after 14 days in most areas and you should receive your approval in the mail by then.

gcard2002 said:
To setup an infopass appointment, I don't think you need anything on hand. Anyway, appointments are given after 14 days in most areas and you should receive your approval in the mail by then.

What if I schedule an appointment and If I don't have the approval notice by then, can I go for stamping with the email message? I read somewhere in the forum that somebody did try with the email confirmation and I dont know the result of it.

Thanks in advance.

my advice

Absolutely not. You need the ORIGINAL approval notice for stamping. They won't accept even a xerox copy. If you do not receive the notice in time, you have two choices. Request your lawyer to send you the courtsey copy they receive from USCIS (or) cancel your appointment, call USCIS customer service to send another notice once again and schedule infopass appointment again. In the meantime, take a printout of the case status showing the approval and also your email.

I-485 for me and for my family approved on 10/19.
Do I need to take separate appointments for each member in the family or one appointment for the family?

Does Info pass available for Chicago?

gcard2002 said:
Absolutely not. You need the ORIGINAL approval notice for stamping. They won't accept even a xerox copy. If you do not receive the notice in time, you have two choices. Request your lawyer to send you the courtsey copy they receive from USCIS (or) cancel your appointment, call USCIS customer service to send another notice once again and schedule infopass appointment again. In the meantime, take a printout of the case status showing the approval and also your email.

Thanks for your advise.

Question for GCguard

Hey, GCguard do we need to take single appointment for a Family or seperately for each memeber...

Would appreciate your views/ advice.....Thanks :confused: