Made mistake by e-filing

GreenCardMA

Registered Users (C)
I just came back from my photo and finger print appointment after renewing my EAD on line.
Man, I made a mistake by e-filing, big mistake.
I could have got it already if I did it personally in the first place.
Comparison:
On-line: First fill out form on line. Then call national service line to schedule an appointment. Then go to application support center to get your photo and one finger finger print. You might also got ref, you have to reply to ref in that case. Then you wait and wait. Nobody knows how long it will be. Document might get lost in the mail. Finally you will get your card in mail.
Apply in person: Goint to BCIS field office in person one day. Submit your form there, then you will be photoed and finger printed the same day. Then they will hand over your EAD card in person. No worry about lost in the mail. No waiting.... ( I did it when I first applied my EAD.)

This is just my opinion, use it at your own judgement and at your own risk.

Friends, please don't make the same mistake as I did if you have option.

i thought Boston doesn't do "in person" any more

i assume if you are in MA you are talking Boston office . . .

EAD renewal

Hai
Does any one knows walk in EAD renewal's are allowed in Boston , JFK nowadays......
Any one renewed recently ....pl...
tx
kss

It stopped on Feb itself

I know Boston stopped issuing New EAD on FEB itself.I am not sure about extensions but Do we need finger printings for our EAD cards.Because I got my EAD card my applying in mail.I donot get any finger print notice for that?..

Please clarify ...

finger print

ai GC_SAN
I think it is fine .. You know couple of years before there is no finger print procedure , now it is not necessary I hope I read some where I for got ...

--- and please see the first post
walk in renewal could you see the first post , I think we can walk in JFK

E-filing is not a bad idea if ...

If you case if pending in a service center, and you live near a BCIS local office where you can take the FP and photo, I believe E-filing would be a little quicker theoratically. BCIS will take the photo for free, so I suppose you can save about $10 something;)

No more walk in for EAD

Hai
No more walk in for EAD renwal in BOSTON just now I fixed appointment , tomorrow I am going to boston ...
, you have to efile and then u need fix an appointment for picture, finger print

EAD question

Hai
Today I filed online EAD Rnewal. online status says it takes 60 to 90 days. it is expiring 8/01 so can I continue on work know.. employer does not care about this ..
or there will be any problem with out approval
tx
kss

Re: EAD question

Originally posted by kss
Hai
Today I filed online EAD Rnewal. online status says it takes 60 to 90 days. it is expiring 8/01 so can I continue on work know.. employer does not care about this ..
or there will be any problem with out approval
tx
kss

YES, there will be a problem. You cannot work without a valid EAD. The employer should care, because they cannot keep you in the payrol while waiting to get your EAD approved, unless you have a backup H-1 or L1.
Your employment can be considered unauthorized, which BCIS can use to deny your I-485. (see www.immigration-law.com, for an entry posted in March/April this year).

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD question

Hai
Actually my wife is in H4 , her EAD expires 08/01 ..so will it be a problem to continue in work

Originally posted by kss
Hai
Actually my wife is in H4 , her EAD expires 08/01 ..so will it be a problem to continue in work

Will there be a problem? YES - she cannot work on an H4 visa.

Conditional Walk-ins

The Boston Office will only accept a walk-in if your files are
in the local Boston office. If it is in VSC, you'll have to either
e-file or send a hardcopy application through mail.

I sent my EAD renewal application through my lawyer.
I could have done it on my own. Just to be safe, my lawyer
did it for me - Of cource they charge me a fee.

EAD question

Hai
Thanks for all info .. My lawyer just mailed me regarding the - EAD expire.. he confirmed that : "as long filed and have an EAC number " That is fine . can continue in work "
thanks for info , may be I can go with my lawyer advice
thanks

Hi KSS!!!

You Need to change your Lawyer........It is not true that you can work on EAD application..... (Just having a EAC # for an EAD application).........Just double check .............................

Originally posted by kss
Hai
Thanks for all info .. My lawyer just mailed me regarding the - EAD expire.. he confirmed that : "as long filed and have an EAC number " That is fine . can continue in work "
thanks for info , may be I can go with my lawyer advice
thanks

Fire your lawyer immediately!

EAD does NOT work like H1. With H1, you can continue working while waiting for your renewal to get approved.

EAD rnewal

Hai
I did went boston office TODAY 07/09/03, no longer accept EAD application in Boston district office , unless your file is in Boston..
Mine they checked it is vermont ..
So please try to do on line or go in person before 60 days and find out u r files are in Boston office .

EAD

Hai

In the renewed card, validity date does it starts from the old card expiration date or is there any difference
appriciate early reply
tx