Lud

gcaa

Registered Users (C)
It has been almost 6 months since I got GC and about 2.5 yrs after I-140 approval and I noticed LUD on I-140 yesterday. I did travel abroad and returned about 3 weeks back. Anybody notice I-140 LUD cahnge?

It has been almost 6 months since I got GC and about 2.5 yrs after I-140 approval and I noticed LUD on I-140 yesterday. I did travel abroad and returned about 3 weeks back. Anybody notice I-140 LUD cahnge?
Yes,
My 140 approved in 2005 and saw soft LUD on 12.15.07. My I 485 is yet to be approved.

My GC was approved in July. I traveled in mid-November and now I see a LUD dated 12/15/07 on the I-140 (which was approved in 2005) and stranger yet, there is a LUD on the H1 extension that was done in 2005! But no LUD on the I-485.

My GC was approved in July. I traveled in mid-November and now I see a LUD dated 12/15/07 on the I-140 (which was approved in 2005) and stranger yet, there is a LUD on the H1 extension that was done in 2005! But no LUD on the I-485.

looks like 12/15 was some kind of system update day since my i-140 LUD was also 12/15. i think it might be to close out old cases. i presume there is a time limit until which uscis retains case info, so i am guesssing cases older than 2-3 years may be on the way out of the system.

Appears to be happening only to service center transfer cases .... or cases where the I-140 was filed in one SC and due to the rule change, I-485 was filed in another SC.

My I-485 was transferred from VSC to TSC in March this year and my I-140 had a soft LUD (no message change) on Nov/25. All of my colleagues who also had their I-485 transferred from VSC to TSC are now seeing LUD changes on their I-140, irrespective of whether I-485 has been approved or not.

I'm guessing here, but it could be that USCIS is doing some housecleaning and moving all I-140s to the same SC that currently has the I-485 documentation.

Cheers !!

Appears to be happening only to service center transfer cases .... or cases where the I-140 was filed in one SC and due to the rule change, I-485 was filed in another SC.

My I-485 was transferred from VSC to TSC in March this year and my I-140 had a soft LUD (no message change) on Nov/25. All of my colleagues who also had their I-485 transferred from VSC to TSC are now seeing LUD changes on their I-140, irrespective of whether I-485 has been approved or not.

I'm guessing here, but it could be that USCIS is doing some housecleaning and moving all I-140s to the same SC that currently has the I-485 documentation.

Cheers !!

could be true. mine also was a vsc to tsc transfer case & got gc in june 07. but interestingly as jackolantern mentioned his h-1 extension which also was an old date had an LUD. i think its some major house cleaning going on & why not !! with so many applications over the past few months, the house needs to be cleaned to allow for more space...

My 485 was approved in June 2007 and I saw LUD 140 on 12/15/2007, which was approved in 2005. I did not leave the country and it was transfered to TSC from VSC.