LUD Updates--please let me know

RDJAN2003

Registered Users (C)
:confused: Hello gurus,
It's been while since i visited this forum. Mine is JAN 2002 EB2 case yes it is JAN 2002 case(don't confuse with my ID). i did my first Fp during april 2002. since then there is no update on my case despite of sevral inquires( myself, senators, congressman) and writing letters to VSC director. each time i make an inquiry i get a letter stating that " we are waiting hear from anothe office as soon as we receive information about your case we will process your case". Last time i called NCS( National Customer Service) to inform them about address change and launched status inquiry. my wife also did the same. for the first time in out case history yesterday last upate date on our cases got changed i don't know this is because of address change or some thing else.
but if it is for address changes i have done it almost a month back. but now case status reads as follows.

On July 8, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But my question is is this standard response every one gets when they make a status inquiry or some thing is cooking in my case.

if it is standard response then i have already received my status inquiry response two weeks back.why lud says 7/26/05??. just curious.

Guys please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
RDJAN2003 said:
It's been while since i visited this forum. Mine is JAN 2002 EB2 case yes it is JAN 2002 case(don't confuse with my ID). i did my first Fp during april 2002. since then there is no update on my case despite of sevral inquires( myself, senators, congressman) and writing letters to VSC director. each time i make an inquiry i get a letter stating that " we are waiting hear from anothe office as soon as we receive information about your case we will process your case". Last time i called NCS( National Customer Service) to inform them about address change and launched status inquiry. my wife also did the same. for the first time in out case history yesterday last upate date on our cases got changed i don't know this is because of address change or some thing else.
but if it is for address changes i have done it almost a month back. but now case status reads as follows.

On July 8, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But my question is is this standard response every one gets when they make a status inquiry or some thing is cooking in my case.

if it is standard response then i have already received my status inquiry response two weeks back.why lud says 7/26/05??. just curious.

Guys please let me know.

I had a similar LUD on my case. LUD says 7/28/05, but I received my status inquiry response three weeks ago. So it didn't make sense to me either.

RDJAN2003 said:

Guys please let me know.
It's a standard response , which was updated on July 8. But they might have touched your file on 26th which might have prompted to message change. In my case I raised a query in June and they sent response in July 1st week. Yesterday my message changed with " On June 28th 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."
rrml

mine is same thing

i did second request for the status on June 30,and i got the response in mail 07/11/05. there is no update until yesterday 07/27/05, my LUD change to 07/28/05, and the on line message changed too. there is one month later for them to update the online information.

Hi rrml,
Do you think they touched my file for updating the current messsage or my current message alrady updated on july 8th and they might have touched for some thing else which prompted this message to be updated?pls let me know.
Thanks

RDJAN2003 said:
Hi rrml,
Do you think they touched my file for updating the current messsage or my current message alrady updated on july 8th and they might have touched for some thing else which prompted this message to be updated?pls let me know.
Thanks
I feel that the current message is already updated on july 8th and because they touched/scanned your file now which might have prompted for the message change.
rrml

LUD Chnage 7/28

My LUD chnaged too on 7/28. I had made a inquiry on June 8 and i got a reponse on June 30. It seems like the LUD chnages are for the inquiry.

Hi rrml,
This means there is some updates going on my case other than the current message update?
Thanks

RDJAN2003 said:
Hi rrml,
This means there is some updates going on my case other than the current message update?
Thanks
I hope so. I sent for the enquiry in June and got response in july 1st week and immediately raised expediated request. My message changed on July 27th and got one more LUD on 28th. I still think your query response was updated on July 8th, again they might have started processing the application. What is your query's response? BCIS treated my application as EB3 instead of EB2. Immediately we raised expediated request with the EB2 supporting documentation.
rrml

LUD batch process

Mine is EB3 case. Asked for status update on 06/15. Got written reply on 06/30, saying my security check pending. 485 LUD changed along with message change that "we responded to your query ...." on 07/27. LUD again changed on 7/28 without message change.
It seems they ran a batch process on 7/27 updating all the cases for which they replied via snail mail.

commander said:
Mine is EB3 case. Asked for status update on 06/15. Got written reply on 06/30, saying my security check pending. 485 LUD changed along with message change that "we responded to your query ...." on 07/27. LUD again changed on 7/28 without message change.
It seems they ran a batch process on 7/27 updating all the cases for which they replied via snail mail.

You may be correct, because everyone's message was updated on July 27th.
rrml

Same for me

I had opened an inquiry for my EB3-based I-485 application in June-end; got mail dated 5th July stating that security clearance etc.. etc... . Now on July 27th got these status update emails and message changed to ... "We responded to your request on July 5th'.... LUD is now 07/28/05

Looks like this LUD for your address update.This is standard message.I'm assuming you are going to get 1 letter from VSC stating that your address has been changed.
thanks

I made a status enquiry on 07/08/2005 and 485 case is updated on 07/28/2005 with the information:
On July 22, 2005, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case.

I received the status enquiry also. So Is RFE on my way? or it is just a usual message after a status enquiry.
please let me know

Thanks
Gcard600

LUD for 4 consecutive days -7/29, 8/1, 8/2, 8/3.

My Case was transferred from CA to vermont on 6/21.

Got email on 7/29 and LUD both about receipt of case.

After that LUD on 8/1, 8/2 and today 8/3..No message change...

Hopefully, they are not tearing of some pages every day and using for shoe cleaning.