LUD has changed today

Funny.

I called the same number and a person picked up the phone. He was very helpful and said my case has been assigned to an officer. He was very sympathetic to my case. It did seem he had a Hispanic background.
-WAC020995XXXX
RFE Recvd by USCIS on 6/17.

We called today too

Hello,

My husband called the same number in the morning and got the "this is the emergency line for attorneys only" answer. I called them in the aftrenoon, and talked to an officer, he was helpful and told me my case is with an officer, and I will hear from them in 60 days. (That terrified me, an other 60 days????!!!!)
My husband called back in the afternoon, and at the second time he got the same officer I did, and was told the same thing, that the case is with an officer. (he remembered that I called before my husband). The answer depends on who the officer is on duty.

WAC 02-103
RD 2/05/02

truska said:
Hello,

My husband called the same number in the morning and got the "this is the emergency line for attorneys only" answer. I called them in the aftrenoon, and talked to an officer, he was helpful and told me my case is with an officer, and I will hear from them in 60 days. (That terrified me, an other 60 days????!!!!)
My husband called back in the afternoon, and at the second time he got the same officer I did, and was told the same thing, that the case is with an officer. (he remembered that I called before my husband). The answer depends on who the officer is on duty.

WAC 02-103
RD 2/05/02

We should all refrain from calling that # if it is for attorneys only. What you may not understand is if you piss them off you can actually worsen your case. I see lot of time people just follow herd mentality which sometimes becomes a foolish chain reaction.

Many of you may argue that it cant get any worse. But, the fact is it can get much much worse if you piss them off. On top of that, by calling them you are not expediting your case. If it is already with an officer, it remains so... And if it is not, it is not going to be with an officer just becase you called them for a status.

Please dont get frustated. We have waited for so long, we will wait for some more time and gracefully finish this process.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,

I agree with Aloof

I accidentally found this channel. Now you guys flood it.
What will they do? Just block it! Please restrain youself.
At least don't call them 3 times a day.

Hello,
I understand what you are saying, but if they had told him the first time what was going on, he wouldn't have called back again in the afternoon. We checked our case separately, and the officer in the afternoon did not say a word about this line being only for attorneys. He also made it clear, that there is nothing we can do to expedite our case, we have to wait. He was helpful and sympathetic to my case.

I gave the number to my attorney and looks like she was told she could check cases only for CSC filers? Any number for NSC? I won't be calling the number though, instead my attorney is quite helpful in calling those guys and get the update.

In fact, she even called the 800 number twice and was told the same answer I was told.

Any information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks guys,

Mahesh