LUD Checking Paranoia

desi-bartender

Registered Users (C)
I think the LUD has been chewed up in this forum to the point
of no return.

But still must add more stupid nonsense on LUD.

Bcos thats what it is. Nonsense.

I woke up early morning today and as I have been suffering with
"LUD Checking Paranoia" I logged on and checked my LUD in the
morning. It had changed on 6/16. Now why the heck I would expect
it to change in couple of days I don't understand. But tell you the
fact this "LUD Checking Paranoia" is a strange disease. Your hands
itch to go to uscis.gov.

But to make the long story short. It was 6am in the morning and I
logged in and saw that my LUD has changed to 6/18 for both me
and my spouse. This disease caused me to jump in my chair spilling
the carefully prepared Indian tea on my extremely expensive
input and output devices.

Now in my condition it happens a lot. The mind starts racing. Wild
theories form in my mind. Could it be a lone USCIS devoted employee
working in the night? Maybe someone who was not taken in his
house by his wife and decided to spend night at office. Who would
marry an IIO? Maybe these folks are all unmarried. But who the
heck was working late in the night? Burning the midnight oil.

Or was it some machine......A program maybe....made to increase the
"LUD paranoia" symptoms....What could it be?

Other people who are also suffering from same disease may want to
comment....

Exactly the same happened for my case (and my husband's) Touched date changed to 6/16 after an inquiry by our attorney on 6/15.

Touched date has changed again to 6/18.

Message is still the same: "On December 13, 2002, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application etc......"

Mine's stuck on the last date my lawyer contacted the INS 6/3 -- sigh

I have the same LUD checking thing. I try not to, but it's kinda addictive.

sigh

becky

desi-bartender said:
Other people who are also suffering from same disease may want to comment....

It's a disease and it's reaching epidemic proportions. But, like Reagan taking 7 years as president before mentioning the word "AIDS", I've still yet to hear Bush mention anything about it.

Let's call it ALOUDS - Acquired Last Observed Updated Date Syndrome. Maybe someone will come up with a cocktail for it in the next ten years. :(

The biggest symptom is the fading of your U, S, C & I keys on your laptop, along with regular but temporary distractions every couple of hours throughout your waking hours.

- wik

WAC 02 253 xxxxx
EB1 EA
RD: 08.08.02
FP2: 06.12.04

u guys are funny

:)
the LUD things is nutty...nights go in permutation/combination conspiracy theories, often bordering on religion and faith, switching rapidly to mathematical algorhythms and pattern recognitions, in short driving the batty mind..battier

try this, check every 2 days, expect the worst, expect the best.
enjoy the ride, fouus on things that are in ur control..

AM

What a novel way for people to get tortured? I remember checking the online status a few times a day especially after reading a post last month where someone mentioned that (s)he saw the LUD change after 7 pm one day and (s)he was approved the next morning.

The real problem with the LUD is that it changes when real work is being done on the case as well as when customer rep responds to a fax/email/phone enquiry as well (I think). Of course, there are exceptions. But I think when the LUD changes several times within a span of few days/weeks, there is a good chance that they are doing something with your case.

It is good not to check the online status (it probably is not good for your heart - imagine the speed at which your heart lub-tubs when you see a different LUD) so frequently. Just wait for the emails (or even better the approval notices). That's not to say that you shouldn't contact the customer service or your congress(wo)man and senators. Please join one of the intiatives.

other heavy and advanced symptoms are...

1) confusing the highway numbers with application number ( i actually started calling i take I-485 where as it is I-495)
2) confusing the ND with your birthday.
3) start calling your spouse as derivative applicant....
4) getting up at night to bathroom would also result in email checks and LUD checks
5) memorizing wac numbers for your applications....
6) addressing birds and animals as US citizens....

wik said:
It's a disease and it's reaching epidemic proportions. But, like Reagan taking 7 years as president before mentioning the word "AIDS", I've still yet to hear Bush mention anything about it.

Let's call it ALOUDS - Acquired Last Observed Updated Date Syndrome. Maybe someone will come up with a cocktail for it in the next ten years. :(

The biggest symptom is the fading of your U, S, C & I keys on your laptop, along with regular but temporary distractions every couple of hours throughout your waking hours.

- wik

WAC 02 253 xxxxx
EB1 EA
RD: 08.08.02
FP2: 06.12.04

Last edited by a moderator:
e-LUD yourself

LUD or latest uncut drama :D is the show of my busy days. It is becoming more like this sadistic self inflicted psychological wounds. Whenever I want to lower my expectations I logon and check my LUD to find that nothing happeded :eek: , but then with time I started skipping my coffee, my former addiction, and now I prefer rather to go through this dark ritual to get more desillusioned, and it feels good now. :p
Special registration was the latest sadistic ritual I have enjoyed, I miss that humiliation :( . What will be the next bluckbuster for the rest of us?.. Oh I know: personalized emails from UCIS with prayers and poems to sooth our fainting souls.

PARANOiA

It is very true.... we are just hooked up because of neccessity & anxiety towards the looong wait. This is horrrible, isn't it?
My LUD was most likely when they approved my 3rd EAD, they had to take a peek. I called my lawyer's paralegal & she said she sent an inquiry about my case. I wrote an e-mail to DHS Ombudsman June 16. But so far no new LUD.
But interesting to say, read the bottom part of your case status screen. It explains what the INS do. Let's just keep on PRAYING & HOPING that we will all see the light at the end of the tunnel folks!

guys,
same with my wac number. Yesterday I saw LUD AS 06/16/2004 AND TODAY AGAIN IT CHANGED TO 06/18/2004. COUPLE FO WEEKS AGO I GOT NOTICE FOR 2ND FP AND Oakland center morons not allowing me to give early 2nd FP.

PATHAPATI
022165xxxx

LuleGirl said:
Exactly the same happened for my case (and my husband's) Touched date changed to 6/16 after an inquiry by our attorney on 6/15.

Touched date has changed again to 6/18.

Message is still the same: "On December 13, 2002, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application etc......"

My lawyer did inquiry two weeks ago, but touched date changed on 6/16, then on 6/18.
Not sure if it is related to inquiry though.

LUD could mean anything

It is the record's latest updated date. Like when you have a bug in your queue, you update it frequently depending on its priority, when you add comment like "This is a BS bug!" or "Changed owner to SAM" or "Waiting Sam to die or approve", the LUD changes accordingly without any real progress and its status is still OPEN. Unfortunately, we can only see the LUD changes on-line instead of the comments and we expect too much from it. I guess only when some status changes, say from OPEN ->APPROVED or RFE->APPROVED, emails are sent out in a batch mode. It is a massive task therefore is scheduled at time when servers are not busy, like early morning or later afternoon or any other time.
I know the damned LUD doesn't give anything, but I still could not stop checking it whenever I can. Why? this BS P0 bug stops everything in my life!

LUDS Cocktail

Here is how to make a LUDS (Last Updated Date Syndrome) cocktail.

2 oz Stolichnaya Vodka (Substitute with Ketel One if you hate Russian vodkas)
2 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
2 oz Bourbon whiskey (Jack Daniels)
2 oz Don Julio tequila
2 oz Remy Martin XO
2 oz Rum ( Baccardi )
0.5oz Benedictine
0.5oz Cointreau
0.5oz Grand Marnier
0.5oz Cherry Brandy

Take a shaker and put ice cubes in it. Pour the above spirits in the order
specified.

Shake vigorously.

Take a martini glass. Wash it with extra dry vermouth. Splash some
extra dry vermouth in to the glass and rinse the glass with it.

Now pour yourself a little LUDS.

Start sipping on it. Feel your brain cells dying a horrible death. Continue
drinking till you can't remember the words uscis.gov

Disclaimer : This cocotion is never tried on a human being. If you survive
let others know.

LOL! :) Nice to see you are not alone. Usually I am good, I never expect anything from INS so rarely check for my case status let alone my LUD, but I did check randomly a couple of weeks ago, and seeing my LUD updated that same day, actually say delusions of getting a FP notice, boy was I wrong! :( But after that I have been checking the damn status site on a daily basis.

Maybe INS could garner additional funds by selling Ad space on the status checker. That way they can reduce our applications fees and actually be a profit making department for the government.

Have I mentioned that LUD meand CRAZY or INSANE in Croatian? Being Croatian, I get a ton of fun reading your posts.