LUD changed today on 485

give_me_gc_yaar

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Yesterday night, our I485 LUDs changed to 7/5/2005 and this morning it changed again to 7/6/2005. The online status message is still the same. Will keep you posted.

The same occured to me. The LUD was changed to 7/7/05 last night and 7/8/05 this morning. I called the customer service last Monday (6/27) to change my address and the lady operator was nice enough to send a inquiry. That may triger the LUD, but I am not expecting anything happen soon, since I have not seen any approval recently. My I-140 was filed on 12/9/04 and approved on 4/27/05 as EB1-OR.

I once mentioned that the LUD of my 485 was subsequently changed to 7/7 and 7/8 last week. Now, I know the reason. Today, I received the letter dated on 7/7 from USCIS to notify me that my change of address request has been processed. This indicates that the LUD change is just due to my call to change the mailing address. If I can expect anything good from the subsequent changes, it will be that the LUD of my wife's EAD application was not changed and only the LUD of our 140 and 485 was changed. But, I guess the rechange is at most due to my inquiry, nothing else.

Look at my LUDs

6/28/04 (ND)
10/27/04
12/14/04
2/18/05
3/9/05 (FP)
5/6/05 (Inquiry)
6/23/05 (RFE)
7/6/05
7/8/05 (RFE received)
7/12/05

I did receive emails from USCIS today stating that "On July 8, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.". flyer010's experience suggests that something good may happen in a month or so. I will wait and see with fingers crossed.

lasvegas said:
I did receive emails from USCIS today stating that "On July 8, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.". flyer010's experience suggests that something good may happen in a month or so. I will wait and see with fingers crossed.

Hope you are right but I am not that optimistic. Trying to find logic behind CIS' moves and to predict what next is is nearly hopeless attempt. In contrast, I strongly believe the LUD system has been out of order for a while, based on what happened to my 2nd AP, EAD and 485 in last a couple of months.

I am kind of crazy to check my portfolio very often. Like now, I checked it and found that LUD was changed to 7/12/05 on my 140 and 485. I saw from another thread that a person's LUD was changed four times in four days. Is it funny? Living with hope is not bad, if we have faith that something good will occur eventually.

My LUD was changed to today too. I sent an inquiry to CSC yesterday, got "namecheck still pending" response in about 30 minutes. This might have triggered LUD change.

EB3
RD I485: Dec. 2003

outletvolt1 said:
Potter -- what's your next course of action ? Your namecheck seem to be
pending for about 18+ months right ?

Right. :( I have kept bugging my lawyer, useless. Each inquiry to CSC told me the same story. I am going to seek help from the local congressman. It seems this would be my last resort.

I am interested in a class action against FBI for namecheck processing. Who else?

potter said:
Right. :( I have kept bugging my lawyer, useless. Each inquiry to CSC told me the same story. I am going to seek help from the local congressman. It seems this would be my last resort.

I am interested in a class action against FBI for namecheck processing. Who else?

Except lawsuit, I don't see anything else could help us. There is strict protocol between lawmaker and federal agnecies defined by federal law. Lawmaker is only able to inquire your case but not to interfere agency's internal process such as expediting or prioritizing your name check. So when somebody claimed lawmaker expedited his case, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

But at least, th results of lawmaker's inquiry could serve as evidence that you have exhausted all the options when you take your case to the court.
But sueing FBI? I don't believe any lawyer would recommend that.

Potter,
did u email the FBI Name Check ID and see what they say ?
Of course, It will take 6 months for them to reply.

gcsfo.
potter said:

My LUD never changed!

Even after i heard from INS (for 4 times -my case is under FBI namecheck 5th time- my case will be adjudicated within 6 weeks) my LUD has not changed. INS system is working or not ..NOT sure

potter said:
My LUD was changed to today too. I sent an inquiry to CSC yesterday, got "namecheck still pending" response in about 30 minutes. This might have triggered LUD change.

EB3
RD I485: Dec. 2003

My phone inquiry was reflected to LUD about one week later after the inquiry, not instantaneouly. Maybe, just because it is phone inquiry.

flyer010 said:
Except lawsuit, I don't see anything else could help us. There is strict protocol between lawmaker and federal agnecies defined by federal law. Lawmaker is only able to inquire your case but not to interfere agency's internal process such as expediting or prioritizing your name check. So when somebody claimed lawmaker expedited his case, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

But at least, th results of lawmaker's inquiry could serve as evidence that you have exhausted all the options when you take your case to the court.
But sueing FBI? I don't believe any lawyer would recommend that.

Good point, flyer010, but I don't think FBI is not sue-able. If we have enough money, say a million, tons of lawyers would probably jump into this case. Maybe winning such a case is not our goal. The procedure of the lawsuit should put certain pressure on FBI to let they move faster on name checks. Also we need an approach to let them hear our voice. Sending lots emails to the same email address has been proved not very useful. How can we expect each inquiry be treated seriously if there are thousands of emails flushed into a single mailbox?

Just now I checked LUD for myself and my wife have been changed Today but message is same, dont know why??????

rb180
DEC.2004 pending I-485

Recently, there have been four LUD changes on my I-485: 7/6 (reponse to address change), 7/7 (response to phone inquiry), 7/12 (reasons unknown), and 7/15 (reasons unknown). It is interesting that the first three LUD changes occured for both I-485 and I-140, which was approved on April 27, 2005, but the last LUD only occured to I-485.