LUD Changed to today !!

puneet_gcard

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks.
Today I noticed a change in my LUD of the AP which was filed in early June. I am hoping this is a good sign and probably means that an officer is taking a look at my file. But the LUD of my 485 is still Jul 19 (when my FP2 results were received).

I pray that if he looks at my file he may just look at the 485 application and approve that as well since we FP2 is done about 3 weeks back. Keeping fingers crossed.

If anyone got approval as a result of EAD or AP being touched then please let me know. Atleast I would know not to get my hopes high.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards to All
Puneet.

485 RD Oct 15,2002
485 ND Oct 31,2002
FP1 Dec 5, 2002
FP2 Jul 15,2004
LUD Changed on Jul 19,2002 to FP2 results recd

AP3 filed on Jun 3,2004
AP3 LUD changed to TODAY (and the day has just started)

485 Approval (only GOD Knows )

Hi Puneet,
An RFE was generated for me yesterday after I applied for AP. LUD changed for both AP and I-485 to today in my case if that helps.

puneet_gcard said:
Hi Folks.
Today I noticed a change in my LUD of the AP which was filed in early June. I am hoping this is a good sign and probably means that an officer is taking a look at my file. But the LUD of my 485 is still Jul 19 (when my FP2 results were received).

If anyone got approval as a result of EAD or AP being touched then please let me know. Atleast I would know not to get my hopes high.

Hmmmmm ... My AP LUD changed thrice [ Aug 3rd/4th/5th ] and No change in my 485 LUD ... Today [ Aug 5th ], just my AP is approved and still waiting for my 485 to be approved ... I don't know when that would be ..... hmmmm :confused:

-Jha

GCJhalak said:
Hmmmmm ... My AP LUD changed thrice [ Aug 3rd/4th/5th ] and No change in my 485 LUD ... Today [ Aug 5th ], just my AP is approved and still waiting for my 485 to be approved ... I don't know when that would be ..... hmmmm :confused:

-Jha

Thanks Guys !!
GCJhalak : Logically they should approve the 485 and reject the AP if the want to reduce the backlog. Seems like they are not doing that... :confused: :confused:

Please keep me informed if your 485 LUD gets touched or approved. Judging from this maybe the same thing will happen to my AP.

Also what date did you file the AP ?

GCJhalak said:
RD for my 3rd AP is June 1/04 ...

GCJhalak. Guess what. My AP also got approved today. Damn it. :mad: :mad: Instead of feeling happy that a case got approved, I am feeling frustrated. Cause I was hoping that this AP may trigger my 485 approval.

I am about to file for EAD renewal and that will be my next hope. :( :(

Dont know how much longer we need to wait as I have seen even November 2002 cases being approved. Maybe our cases are stuck in the Name Check or something.

Looks like it is AP day in Nebraska...

Got my AP approved today ... no LUD for I485 ..

case details:

EB3
I140 - RD Feb 20th 2003
I485 - RD MAR 13th 2003

I140 AD / July 28th 2003
EAD1, AP1 / same week as I140

EAD2,AP2 - RD June 2nd 2004

AP2 AD - Aug 5th.

Lud

I don't know what they actually do.
1) July 8, I saw RFE generated for my I-485, LUD change too
2) July 9, I saw the RFE message change to July 9 date, LUD change too
3) July 14, I saw the RFE message change to July 14 date, LUD change too
4) Finally July 20, I got my RFE
5) Reply to RFE on July 23
6) RFE Receive message show up on August 2
7) LUD change August 4
8) LUD change August 5

Man, I get really lost. What actually they do? Any application should not take more than 1 hour to review and approve or deny. If they touch the application what they actually do?
1) Moving file from one shelf to another, change LUD
2) Touching the file to see whether it is cool enough or warm, change LUD
Lets get real
3) Start reviewing the file, change LUD
4) Request IBIS check, change LUD
5) Get IBIS response, change LUD
6) Get the signature from officer's boss, change LUD
7) Have some mercy and looks like it is time, approve, change LUD.

:) :) :) :) :)

My RD 09/13/02, EB3

Folks, do you have any idea, why that LUD changes so frequently and nothing happen..

Sahin

Sahin said:
...Folks, do you have any idea, why that LUD changes so frequently and nothing happen..

Atleast it is good sign...something is happening on your case. I too thought exactly the same way as you ,when I replied to my RFE in late March 2004, i.e my case should not take more than 10 minutes to be approved after CIS gets my reply, but am still waiting.....it is August now! and RD/ND Nov. 2001 (Yes 2001)

As quoted from the CID Portfolio account login page:
Quote:
* Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.
Unquote

Last edited by a moderator:
My LUD for 485 changed two days when i applied for 3rd EAD and AP.
After a week, LUD for EAD changed. Dont know what is happening!!

I485 ND Oct '02.
FP1 Dec '02.
EAD3 & AP3 ND July '04.
FP2 ??
AD ??

Last edited by a moderator:
atrajan said:
Looks like it is AP day in Nebraska...

Got my AP approved today ... no LUD for I485 ..

case details:

EB3
I140 - RD Feb 20th 2003
I485 - RD MAR 13th 2003

I140 AD / July 28th 2003
EAD1, AP1 / same week as I140

EAD2,AP2 - RD June 2nd 2004

AP2 AD - Aug 5th.

Hi GCJhalak and Atrajan .
Did your LUD for the approved AP also change today. I got my AP approved yesterday but the LUD changed to today as well. Is this normal procedure since today they must be mailing the Approved Document.

Or is this a ray of hope that they are looking into the 485 associated to it. I dont see any change in the LUD for the 485 though so I dont have any high hopes. Please let me know if yours LUD for AP also changed to today.

Thanks !!

puneet_gcard

LUD for AP changed today as well. Don't know what they are doing ...
But my I485 LUD has not changed for more than a year.

Lud?

What is LUD? What does it stands for.Its been a longtime that I have been in meassage board. Did something happened that is causing faster approval. I'm soo frustated with the process that I don'e even care much about it.
Thanks

rajb00 said:
What is LUD? What does it stands for.Its been a longtime that I have been in meassage board. Did something happened that is causing faster approval. I'm soo frustated with the process that I don'e even care much about it.
Thanks

LUD: last update date. This is the time when they last update (or touch) your case.

Lud

My LUD for I-485 is changed again today......I think LUD does not signify anything..